Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ajwalsh172

Need help IDing insect eggs

ajwalsh172
17 years ago

Hi. I'm new to gardening, so please bear with me. I started an herb garden in containers ~1 month ago. All are kept outside. This morning I found tiny, white, round insect eggs, ~1-1.5 mm in diameter, on the underside of leaves of some of my plants. Mainly, my mints have be affected. I found very few eggs on my greek oregano and marjoram, and none on my basil, purple sage, and, surprisingly, my pineapple mint. I don't think my lemon verbena had any eggs either. Anyway, the eggs are laid singly, not en masse. And on many leaves, I found only a single egg and at most 5-6 eggs clustered together per leaf. I didn't see a preference as to which leaves on the plant were affected (new leaves compared to old leaves). Also, I didn't find any insects on the leaves (no flies or caterpillars) and no webs. The eggs came off the leaves very easily, no stickiness what-so-ever. I'd really appreciate help IDing which insect is doing this. I removed all the eggs off the leaves that I could find. I just hope it's not a beneficial bug. Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource