Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with my lemon tree?

Posted by giman none (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 13:26

Patchy brown spots on leave and wonder if it's fungal related. Any advice to remediate is much appreciated.

Also, what is the strongest pest control spray for ants on lawns and around house?

And, what is best pest control spray for fruit trees? what is the frequency and concentration to spray?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with my lemon tree?

Looks a lot more like insect damage than any fungal issue but would need a clearer, close-up photo to assess properly. Also the possibility of a viral issue but this looks like it is focused on new growth, which is much more suspect of insect problems. Any stickiness noted?

It is not a simple matter of prescribing a "pest control spray" for fruit trees. One needs to know exactly what the problem to be treated is before being able to make any recommendations. Often a dormant spray of horticultural oil can be useful for insect control but is unnecessary unless a problem really does exist. It is never a good idea to spray without a specific intent.

Ants tend not be an issue in my area so I'll let someone else speak to that. Baiting with borax is all that is ever really necessary here.

o

Citrus leafminer

Info here
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn74137.html

Here is a link that might be useful: citrus leafminer at UC

o
RE: What to do with my lemon tree? -more

Lots of info also in Citrus Forum
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/citrus/

Here is a link that might be useful: Citrus Forum

o

if its only one branch.. and thats all the pic shows ....and i dont care what plant it is .....

properly prune off the branch.. and be done with it ...

99% of the time.. problem solved ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here