Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woohooman

Got a BIGGER Ant problem

After "trying" to control my ant problem with DE and Terro so I could release my lacewing eggs, but they're still in my yard. And now, they're in my house!

I started using the Terro long before the release of the lacewings and put a barrier of DE around my plants when I released the lacewing eggs. I've seen some adult lacewings since, so hopefully I can build a nice population of them going forward.

The Terro seemed like it was working because they were eating it, but the populations just never seemed to diminish. i would just find another trail somewhere else in the yard, lay down more Terro. Eventually I finished the bottle of bait --- still plenty of ants though.

My questions --

Do boric acid baits actually work. If so, should i try Amdro instead of Terro? Or should i try some other brand entirely.

Should i use a different type of bait entirely or some other method like Ortho Home Defense?

Are there any effective methods at decreasing populations of ants without killing off my ever increasing populations of beneficial insects?

I was told that the baits work, but my mother says I'll never get rid of ANTS.

Please help me with any fallacies, myths, truths, etc.

As always, Thanks.

Kevin

Comments (3)