Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gopher Control via vehicle exhaust

Posted by behlgarden 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 11 at 17:49

Hello,

I got gophers who are going wild in my rose planter. so far its only within the planter that is 50 feet long and 18 inches wide. but its digging under most rose bushes. everyday I see one or two new digouts/mounds.

Yesterday I used the gas bomb to gas one of the tunnels. not sure it worked but I found that folks have had very good success using Manning UE-12 Underground Exterminator attached to car exhaust using garden hose. the CO exhaust from car gets to gophers and they simply go to sleet forever.

Has anyone tried this system OR tried getting rid of gophers using exhaust? I want to save my roses, otherwise my next step would be to use gasolene into the tunnel and set it on fire. Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gopher Control via vehicle exhaust

If the planter is attached to the house, I suggest you avoid gas, exhaustion and especially gas all that for your own safety and that of the other household occupants.

o
RE: Gopher Control via vehicle exhaust

Blocking, in any way, the exhaust from your cars engine will create more, and very expensive, problems that you do not want and will do very little to solve the rodent problem. Ask a good mehanic about those things.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here