Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leaf loss issues

Posted by woohooman San Diego z 10a (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 23:30

Here's a few pics of some leaves at different stages of chlorosis or some other condition. I took pics at different levels of severity of unknown condition. They're kind of blurry(cell phone), but please let me know what you guys/gals think. I know I haven't been overwatering. TIA

Kevin

1st pic -- blurry. But notice the spotty blotching of yellow --early stage of condition

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leaf loss issues

2nd pic

Still blurry(lol) but worsened condition. Right before leaf drop.

Btw, these are pepper plants.

Kevin

o

3rd pic

Even blurrier but this is what I'm left with-- A s*itload of leaf loss!

C'mon guys! Help me.

Nutrient?
Virus?
Nematodes?
Or just plain end of the line for the season? I know it's cold where a lot of you are located, but it's still warm here. We just had a week of mid 90's! So, these guys should still be thriving.

:(

Kevin

o

cold is only one variable.. the strength of the sun.. as winter approaches is another ... as the sun gets weaker.. its hard to define why leaves start failing ... and it is not uncommon for it to be the oldest most lower ones ... you dont provide a pic of the plant as a whole ...

as well as you potting media becoming used up ... was it fresh this spring.. or are you using old media ...

i would be done with it for this season.. rather than spending money on 'trying' to save it.. this time of year ...

ken

ps: is it right up against a white wall?? .. what direction is the wall facing ...

o

ken:

The pics are from different plants. No -- it is not isolated to just the lower leaves. The 2 bottom pics are from plants that are in a raised plot where SOME of the plants are next to pink cinder block walls (that face north and west) so that's typical soil that I amend each growing season. The 1st pic is in an oak barrel with an organic mix of potting mix, peat, compost, and perlite that's about 5 years old and yes, I did have PEPPER plants in it last year.

I do have 3 other pepper plants in a 5-1-1 in the FRONT yard that don't exhibit this condition but they have a different set of issues (different story, different day).

Thanks.

Kevin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here