Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! My dwarf Lemon Tree is sick

Posted by lisablue82 none (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 12 at 4:08

Ive had a dwarf Lemon Tree for 5 years, I havent had a great deal of fruit from it, but ive noticed lately, the branches are dying off and then turning white Also white specks appearing on the leaves. See picture.
Ive cut the dead branches all off now, down to a green part of the branch, but im worried it will take over the plant as i dont know what it is :(

I have bought a larger pot to re-pot it in fresh helathy soil, but before i do that, is there anything else i can do?

(im in Australia)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! My dwarf Lemon Tree is sick

the pix are rather small.. i cant really focus on them ...

is that wall south facing.. and has the pot been there all along??

anything thing on the back side of the leaves ...

any chance of chemical spray???

better pix???

ken

o

Thanks for your interest is helping :)
It was North facing in the shade (im in Australia) and was very unhappy, so i moved it here a few months ago, at first it grew heaps of new leaves and then flowered, then I noticed the branches dying off.. It is now west facing

There is nothing on the back of the leaves, just some fine spiderwebs but cant see a spider

o

Branches turning white

o

its still hard on these pix .. but remove the dead stubs that were left from prior pruning..

I THINK ... it looks simply like dead wood rotting ... and if you remove it.. it will be gone ... in other words.. its indicative of dead wood.. and not necessarily other things ...

very fine webbing MIGHT be spider MITES ... not spiders.. google such ...

this could all be related [but for mites] to moving it a few months ago ... transplant shock ... and only proper deep watering.. will get it re-established.. for vigor to return ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here