Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Murraya

Posted by KSara none (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 4:15

I need urgent help with my Murraya Paniculata.

I have quite a few bushes and they are showing yellowing leaves, leaf drop, curled leaves...and some spots too. On some bushes, the new foliage is light in colour with dark veins.

Is this a combination of nutrient deficiency and a disease/pest? I've attached a few photos.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Murraya

unless its a pH thing.. i rarely think it is a nutrient deficiency.. unless they have been potted for a very long time .. too many peeps think of fertilizer as 'food' .. and i always tell them.. their plants are not children that need to be fed ...

but the off color young growth MIGHT mean something is not being processed properly .... and only a soil test will tell you such ... [also .. whats the weather history in the area.. any extended drought.. heat.. etc ????]

that said.. a good general soil test.. will tell you such ...

your pic is pretty small.. the white flecks made me first think of scale.. and second.. aphids.. but i cant focus on anything there ... did you check the back of the leaves ...

any chance at a larger pic of the whole???

and finally, no plant holds its leaves forever [presuming its evergreen] .. and such loss is increased by transplant .. whats the history of these plants ...

more info please!!!

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here