Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identify please

Posted by Digginlife 6nyc (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 11:32

What is this in my dracaena houseplant? Eggs? Not sure if its related but I found a worm(im guessing hornworm) on a pepper plant i brought inside.The pepper plant was next to my dracaena. Any ideas? thanks Kristen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identify please

osmacote or generic time release fert pellets???

some lack of focus ... either the pic.. or me..

ken

This post was edited by ken_adrian on Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 13:00

o

Ken its actually smaller than fertilizer pellets but bigger than sand about the size of poppy seeds ..... and kinda in groupings sorry hard to focus but heres another pic with a penny

This post was edited by Digginlife on Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 13:39

o

Looks like tiny new born mushrooms to me. Wait a couple of days and take another picture.?

o

Don't assume all fertilisers are the size of osmocote. They come in different granular dimensions. Prilled urea can be as tiny as one milimeter.

o

If fertilizer, the individual "balls" will be brittle.
If mushrooms, or a slime mold, they will be soft, perhaps squishy.

Neither is a problem.

o

They may not be brittle, because they are hygroscopic, and a prill can be quite gelatinous when pumped up with water. I've squished them like zits. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here