Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
malsprower

Brown turkey fig is dying, I need help to fix this problem

malsprower
10 years ago

I have an indoor fig tree that hangs out in a sunny south window. It has been there for almost a year now. I re potted it in august and gave it some fertilizer and it grew amazingly. On October 17th I noticed small webs on the tree and saw small white spiders crawling around so I gave the tree a shower and sprayed it with Bonide Horticultural spray (in a picture) two days in a row. Only four leaves had these spiders. I had a feeling that they were spider mites and was advised to spray it with water a few times too so I did. The third day I noticed that the leaves turned brown where it drips off of them and assumed it was the bonide. I also noticed a small empty web nest and a single predatory house spider on the plant (maybe they were just baby spiders?). I have been watering the plant the same as always (every other day) Now the bottom leaves and some of the large leaves are brown spotted and turning brown/yellow and the stem is turning splotchy red/brown which is the same color as the mature bark. Baby leaves are dropping as well. We are also getting less sun, because its been very cloudy. What is happening to my tree? Is it the bonide shock? lack of sun? Is this tree starting to die? I have been taking care of it the same way as always, even at the time it grew like mad. Let me know what's wrong. I hope it is okay, I live in central Wisconsin.

(the tree was temporarily moved for the pictures)

Comments (7)