Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Insect ID please

Posted by palmcitrusbananavaz7 8a VB (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 13:14

photo 3D4A4814-48FD-4195-9D67-0098009BADAC-277-000000DE76E7DADD_zps33d76cb5.jpg
 photo 23D26843-1DF7-465E-A4E7-21413BAD7A16-277-000000DE806AF359_zpsc91e8eae.jpg
 photo 49F2113D-C26A-4F03-9032-04ABBD9D5742-277-000000DE899F98C9_zpsf71a403d.jpg

Found them on a Bird of Paradise that I was about to move in!

Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Insect ID please

Second, I was planning on replanting the BoP to a new pot... Could I soak the BoP in water to force them out?

o

Kudzu bugs.

o

Kudzu bugs :-(. Gotta kill it all.

o

I'm not going to discard any of my plants because of these, and don't think you should either. Their involvement with plants is transient, seasonal, not an indefinite infestation. This is about crops, but the graphic of their life cycle is helpful. Once the last generation hatches into winged adults, they fly away to hibernate. Similar to how butterflies work.

o

Palm, what's going on with these bugs? Any other observations?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here