Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oregano Pest or Disease?

Posted by PaulChondo CA (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 17:49

I have had a problem of aphids attacking my cilantro, green onions, and parsley. I have been trying to be more active in my garden so that I can get rid of the problems in my garden. Recently I found these black specs on the underside of my oregano leaves. Does anyone recognize these specs and can you tell me if these are aphids eggs and how I should go about getting rid of them so that I can get rid of these aphids! Thank you.

Image link: Oregano Pest or Disease? (27 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oregano Pest or Disease?

Maybe someone else can see this better than I can....the image appears to be very blurry and unfocused.

o

I can't see the needed detail either.

o

They look like spidermites. Very very very hard to get rid of.

o

or cold damage .... was this the first set of leaves..

i cant see spider mites in front of my face.. and i am baffled with said diagnosis with this pic.. there is definitely leaf damage... but defining and treating for SM would be speculative ...

are they ONLY the older leaves.. whats the growth tip and the newer leaves looking like ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here