Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow nubby Fungus Spores

Posted by alyceusvi Z10/11St.JohnUS (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 17:52

This is a first. Have no idea what this is or where it comes from. All my plants are treated in the soil with Merit.
Can anyone diagnose and tell me how to get rid of it?
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow nubby Fungus Spores

usually mulch based ... did you add some this year???

merit has nothing to do with it ...

in my world.. the world of fungus is a bonus show .. put on by mother earth..

and it didnt cost me anything..

if you can see no impact on your plant.. how about you enjoy it as i do ...

if your head will explode if you dont get rid of it.. just remove the mulch ... [i bet you clean your house too.. lol] ....

always keep in mind.. fungus is a process of decay ... ipso ergo presto .. they really dont have any impact on an otherwise healthy plant ... [hence the thought that it is the dead rotting mulch .. kinda full circle there.. lol] ...

can you leave it there???

ken

o

Looks like one of the many slime molds. Its breaking down the mulch and nothing to be concerned about.

tj

o

Agree with slime mold. Not a fungus, not a mold, not a parasite. It will eventually go away on its own.

o

That does look like a slime mold, not a fungus. Slime molds are not a problem except they do appear to be disgusting. You could stir the mulch a bit to control it some.

Here is a link that might be useful: About Slime Mold

o

as i meant.. whether i said it or not..

mold.. fungus.. etc.. its all a bonus show from ma nature ...

now that you know what it is.. enjoy it for what it is. .. FREE!!!! .. lol ...

i didnt think this was a fungus.. but i was thinking of all the volunteer mushrooms that poke out of mulch.. as it ages .. all cool.. in my book ... even the one that smells like poop.. and looks and is named after.. that which shall not be mentioned in public .. lol

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here