Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's attacking my moonflower vine?

Posted by Need2SeeGreen 10 (SoCal) (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 20:42

Hello,

I tried to upload a photo, I hope it works.

If not, the leaves are warped and look chewed on, same with new growth. And blooms are bent and they sort of get smushed on the end and I'm not sure they open.

I don't see any bugs though. Does anyone know what it might be?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's attacking my moonflower vine?

I hope this is another pic. Oops, it's sideways, sorry!

Thanks for any suggestions!

o

if you were anywhere but z10 so cal.. i would suggest cold damage ...

but is this plant new to you ... perhaps you put it out in blazing sun.. w/o properly hardening it off ...

give us some history ...

ken

o

Ah. Well, it has been a weird summer.

I had it in partial shade during the hottest part of the summer (and we really only had high heat in spots). I garden on a balcony and a lot of things just cook if I put them in full sun. Then this wrinkly/? business started a month or two ago, and I didn't know what it was, so I thought, well, I'll try it in full sun, since it was getting cooler and I think it's tropical? (Actually not sure where MGs come from. Hmm.)

For a while it seemed to do better, but lately a backslide. And, it has been cold. So it really could be cold damage. I never even thought of that. But does that make the blossoms get warped sideways?

Thanks for your comment -- it's very interesting and I'd never have thought of it. It's in a sunny corner now -- sun a half day at least. But it still could be cold I guess.

o

it was 24 here in MI last week ... that is cold.. of course.. they all died a month back or so ....

whats your version of cold??? ... lol ...

google will tell you all about its native ranges .... no need for you to guess or wonder ....

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here