Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mix Neem and Copper solution?

Posted by ahajmano none (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 9:51

Hi all,

I have a spider mite problem, and rust. Can I mix my neem oil and copper solution into 1 sprayer, or do I have to apply separately?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mix Neem and Copper solution?

If no info on the labels, contact the manufacturer.

o

Why?
Copper is most often used for control of algae or fungi and is a very toxic, to you, material. Then copper is most often used as a dormant spray or dust and spider mites are mostly a growing plant problem.
Neem Oil products alone are broad spectrum poisons that can also kill off any predators of spider mites. Understanding the life of a spider mite can help you with control without using very toxic poisons.

Here is a link that might be useful: About Spider Mites

o

I was using the copper to control leaf rust. I did not realize copper was so toxic. Does the toxicity carry over to the fruit like typical non-organic disease sprays, or does the toxicity dissipate in a reasonable time?

o

Copper is an acceptable organic fungicide, when used properly and with due care. However, mixing of any materials should never be done unless careful research says it is okay to do so. In some instances mixing two chemicals has resulted in one being rendered ineffective and in others a much more potent substance has been produced.
Is copper the right substance to control your leaf rust? What do the growing conditions contribute to that problem? Can a change in growing conditions solve the problem rather then some toxic chemical?

Here is a link that might be useful: About organic cides

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here