Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's causing this: white on tree leaves?

Posted by w1ldflower (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 3, 10 at 23:40

Is anyone familiar with this? Seems to be limited to a small portion of the tree, but am afraid of it's potential damage if I can't control it. Any ideas/treatments, preferably organic remedies if you know of any. Thanks so much!

Image link: What's causing this: white on tree leaves? (47 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's causing this: white on tree leaves?

Many tree leaves can get various molds and mildews and most cause few problems for the trees. If the leaves become covered over more than 50 percent of the leaf surface that could inhibit photosynthesis enough that the tree will drop the leaves.
Whether what you have is something of concern probably is best addresses at your local office of your state universities Cooperative Extension Service.

o
RE: What's causing this: white on tree leaves?

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 4, 10 at 16:10

If the tree is the kind that loses its leaves for the winter (deciduous), realize that it's pointless to treat leaves which are due to be shed in short order. Here, the preferred management is wait until the leaves drop, then rake & discard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here