Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
john_luvs_frangipani

Good Morning!

Good morning everyone from Fort Pierce beach.Wanted to share my sunrise with you all. :-)

John

Comments (13)

• felixcat
    17 years ago

Hello John,
    That is truly stunning. It would win a prize in any photographic competition. Thank you for sharing it with a very drizzly misty England.
    Hazel.

• new_mexico_shane
    17 years ago

John:

Thanks for the photograph. Very nice! In my response to Greenclaws about my Hawaiian cutting, I also commented on my amazement about the photo you posted earlier of the cutting you planted last month which is now getting ready to bloom. That is mind boggling. I am still waiting for roots or leaves on the cutting I planted in August. But no sign of rot. Enjoy the beach, and thanks for the photo.

Shane

• john_luvs_frangipani
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Hazel & Shane,
    Glad you liked the photo. My pleasure to share with everyone. Shane, I've been keeping an eye on that cutting and the inflo is getting larger. I couldn't believe it either, but we are having record heat here. Almost 90 today. I did a no-no today and gave it some fertilizer to try and help the inflo push up a little sooner. Suppose to be Samoan Red. Hopefully I will get a chance to see and post photos. Hope your Hawaiiian cutting makes it!

John

• new_mexico_shane
    17 years ago

John:
    I will look forward to your photos. I am a bit perplexed by the lack of development with my Hawaiian cutting. I am nervous because both yours and Greenclaws got the rot. No sign of that so far -- mine looks healthy, but little is happening. I have it on a heat mat, and indoors (very cold weather has arrived here) and under artifical light (12-14 hours a day). I am able to keep it between 65 degrees at night and 75-80 degrees during the day, so I had hoped to trick it into continuing to grow through the winter. It remains to be seen if it will. It still looks very healthy, just not much growth.

Shane

• karyn1
    17 years ago

Go ahead, rub it in. lol Pretty pic
    Karyn

• john_luvs_frangipani
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL Karyn, I wasn't "really" trying to rub it in. Glad you like the pic. :-)

John

• kbauman
    17 years ago

Hi John,
    what a sweetheart you are.. what a glorious way to open a category. Love your sunrise!!! great day...thank you for showing this. (smile on the face)

Karen B.

• john_luvs_frangipani
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Karen B. I'm glad I could bring a smile to your day!

John

• kasiec
    17 years ago

Ahhh...I can just picture myself with a cup of coffee enjoying this. Thanks for sharing John.

Kasie

• john_luvs_frangipani
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kasie, thats just what I was doing. :-)
    Your welcome.

John

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    17 years ago

What's the temperature and humidity? Want to get the full effect!

• john_luvs_frangipani
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, the day of the sunrise it was almost 90 and the humidity was high. Today is quite different. High of 70 and hardly any humidity. Nice breeze blowing. I guess thats a cool front moving through as it will be down to 54 tonight.
    brrrrr! I better break out my winter jacket!! :-) Plumeria all still have their leaves. A few are starting to turn yellow and fall. Alas winter is fast approaching. I'll have to switch to SPF 10...instead of SPF 45. Take er easy Dave!

John

• Legally_Blonde_27
    11 years ago

Good Morning, John ;-)

What a gorgeous sunrise photo! Thank you for sharing that. The sun isn't out yet on the West Coast but it should warm up very soon.

Greetings to all from my two little tzus in So Cal.

~~Gayle~~