Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumeria Broke

Posted by tocyncity CA (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 29, 09 at 12:45

I have a Plumeria that was getting tall and heavy and it was leaning down almost touching the ground. I tried staking it as I did last year but this year it had more leaves and blooms and broke in two separate areas. I went ahead a replanted both pieces right away but now I am hearing I was supposed to wait. This happened last Wednesday and it was a very hot day so all the leaves and blooms wilted quickly. It has been less than a week and the leaves are still wilted. Should I pull them back out or just leave them alone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumeria Broke

I think they will be o.k. as long as you are not getting a lot of rain. If it is raining a lot there I would pull them up & let them dry a few weeks, remove all leaves 1rst, then use some rooting compound on the ends and put them in 4 inches of potting soil for cactus, then add pea gravel or something like it to keep them from moving around. Water then let the soil dry and water very little so they dont rot. Leave them in pots until next year.
Good luck & if you have any cuttings you dont want email me. lol
Melody

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here