Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Heavenly Psycho.

Andrew Scott
10 years ago

I can't believe it has been 5 years since I started growing these awesome tropical trees! I started on Mimi Palmer's forum and when she shut it down, I came to this forum.

It took a while before I felt like a part of the group but eventually it happened and I met all you wonderfull people.

Over the years, I have shared, traded and bought from many of you. One of my gems was Psycho. When I saw pictures of Bill's tree I fell for it. Even though it may not be a colorfull variety it makes up for it in other ways. My Psycho reliably bloomed once they were rooted for about a year. The first time it bloomed was over the winter. I was AMAZED when I saw how huge the first inflos were. It was over 8in wide with 60+ flower buds! Before that first inflo finnished it was producing more buds!

Right now it's around 10 degrees without the windchill and my Psycho is in full bloom again! It has been blooming since the beginning of December.What amazes me the most right now is the size of the flower. It's over 3 in wide and blooming under my HPS light! I have never had flowefs this big over the winter and by next week I will have at least 4 or 5 more open.

Psycho definetly deserves a place in everyones collection. Now that I have so many trees, I decided that I have to get rid of the trees that I have multiples of but some I have kept because of how much I love the flower and Psycho is one of them!

I want to thank the person who shared the 3 HUGE Psycho cuttings, and all the other cuttings they sent to me. I will always be great full to you for all of them and if ever I have a variety you would like. will happily send you a cutting!

Andrew

Comments (3)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012