Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Wonderful New Years Day Surprise...

Hello Everyone!!

Most of you know that I'm gone a lot because of my line of work. So I was a little bummed about being gone for New Years, but today when I came home.. I had a wonderful surprise!

This is a cutting from Bud that I received a few years ago. It decided to push Inflos at the end of the season and since I put it under the T-5 lights, it finally blessed me with this beautiful inflo. It isn't as deep as it usually is, but I love it just the same. I'm so tickled to have blooms in January. My Butterfly Gold is blooming and so is Princess Victoria as well as Fuzzys Red Rose.

I'll post the others tomorrow, but I wanted to get this special bloom posted. I'm thrilled... My just reward for working over New Years... ;-)

Have a great night!

Laura

Comments (25)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

That is a great one Laura. Im so happy you are able to have some flowers right now.

Hope all is well and you had a great Christmas and new years.

Mike

• rox146
    10 years ago

Laura, that is an art piece....roxanne

• pcput
    10 years ago

YEA Laura!!!! It a beauty! I got a surprise with a bloom on pudica that opened Christmas Eve. Most of the buds fell off with out opening. It's had a couple open now. A bloom here this time of year is a welcome sight. Congrats! Good job. Peg

• somalenese
    10 years ago

Hello laura that is really beautiful

anurag

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Beautiful gift it is Laura!!! Happy for you and your excitement made me smile.

Chuy

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone!!!

Happy New Year!!

Thanks Mike! I was pleased to have these bloom for me right now... They all had Inflos when I brought them in for the winter and I put them under my lights to see what they would look like. I did keep a Wizard in the back room trying to slow down the inflo, but I think I will bring it out and place it under lights . I'm afraid I will lose the inflo if I just let it stay

I had to work over New Years, but Christmas was wonderful.. I hope you had a wonderful Holiday....

Thanks again. Always nice to hear from you!!!

Hi Roxanne!! You are to kind... I really appreciate the compliment coming from you!!! Makes me feel wonderful. Mahalo!!! ;-)

Thank you Peg... You understand how hard it is here on the east coast. Any bloom is a welcome sight! I'm so happy to hear you had a few as well.. be safe and let me know how it all goes.. Please? Xo

Anurag!! Thank you so much!! Nice to see you !!!

always nice to see you to Chuy!! You always have something nice to say and it certainly makes my day when you can feel the excitement that I felt.
    I really appreciate your nice comments!! Mahalo!!!

Take care,

Laura

here is another... Fuzzy's Red Rose!!!,

Original Author
    10 years ago

This came from Michelle in Florida and was labeled Butterfly Gold.

I'm not sure if it is BG, but it is a pretty bloom. I don't see many traits for BG, but I do see something pretty. Still wanting a BG... One day!!!

Laura

Original Author
    10 years ago

Princess Victoria...

Missing the streaking that I had last summer, but I know it had beautiful red streaks before. Under the lights ... I'll take this in January!!

So pleased...

Take care everyone!!!

Laura

• rox146
    10 years ago

Laura, cannot wait to have you for a boat ride next summer. What is your fertilizer regimen? When do you start and with what? Mahalo, roxanne p.s. this is what bloomed for me yesterday.... :-)))

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Such beautiful pictures Laura. Amazing blooms and colors.

Roxanne- very cool. Lucky you. ;-)

Chuy

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

So many blooms Laura! They all look great! It makes it all worth while!

Mark

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

What a grand surprise to get some beautiful flowers for the new year. Happy 2014 to you and Brad.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    10 years ago

Nice photos. All my inflos have quit growing now and are just sitting there and will prob fall off before spring lol.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Hope everyone is having a great New Year! What a wonderful inflo for mid-winter, Laura!

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics. Everything here is pretty blah. No inflos in sight for me.

• Andrew Scott
    10 years ago

I love your pics Laura :) Sorry about B.G. I lost mine and plan on ordering another from F.C. Then again, maybe I will just pick one out and but it when we are in Florida this summer.

Hi Bill! I wanted to let you know that Psycho is living up to it's name. One of my two large trees has a huge blooming inflo on it now. These trees are always going to be special to me. Thanks again!

Hi Roxy..What is your picture of? I have been trying to figure it out.

Happy New Years everyone! Oh, and thanks Laura! Now I have Sparky on my list now too!

Andrew

• rox146
    10 years ago

Andrew..they are Sea Salps...come in 100s of shapes and sizes....google them...they have been in the currents at the Channel Islands off our coast. roxanne

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Guys & Gals!

These temps here on the east coast have really been horrible. I haven't felt cold temps like this since long ago on the Tarmac in Canada for work. I'm talking bone Chilling temps . I was flying during these days in the northeast and the temps were in the -5 degree with windchills in the -25 degree mark.

Seriously, it doesn't work for me. I took off the heels and wore boots for the three days . Brrrr.

I lost one palm tree so far , So sad...

Picked up a nasty head cold just for fun!

Thank you guys for the nice comments. I needed these blooms to help me with these nasty cold temps. ( head cold too)

Rox.. I love your blooms, sooo cool! Always wanted a salt water tank. Love them. love your pics. A boat ride will be wonderful. Thank you! :-)

I use Foliage Pro on my trees. Love this program...start in the spring end in the fall

Thank you Chuy! ;-)

Mahalo, Mark! So kind .

Thank you Sultry...

Hi Jen! I'm pleased to have Inflos right now. The colors are not as vivid, but I still love them.. Kapalua has two Inflos... Wonder what they will look like. Embers has one pushing right now too. We shall see!

Andrew.. Hey! butterfly Gold turned out to be something else, but the seller was great about the mix up. One day, I will find one. She thinks that is Texas Beauty.. Sparky is a beauty, especially in summer. Thanks !

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the well wishes, I hope you and S have a wonderful New Year too! Glad to hear you all are having a mild winter. We are having swinging temps from one end to the other. Today it was 70degrees. Unbelievable..

Check out Princess Victoria without the splash... This was a few days ago. Still pretty to me, but no splash. Interesting. ( I did have the streaking this summer... It was beautiful! )

Take care,

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 22:07

• rox146
    10 years ago

beautiful composition Laura! So nice to see blooms at this time of year. roxanne

Original Author
    10 years ago

Mahalo Rox!

Here is another for you!!

Thai Surprise blooming now under T-5 lights. It's not as pretty as it is in summer, but it sure brings me joy in January!! :-)

Have a wonderful night...

Take Care,

Laura

• rox146
    10 years ago

Laura, what is your fertilizer routine....do you start in late January and with what? Your blooms are amazing. I am afraid we have been in a drought and are now entering into a declared drought. Very precious the water! roxanne

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Rox!

Just thought I would take a peek at this thread and I see I missed your post!

So sorry!!!

I use Foliage Pro for my all time fertilizer . Full strength in the summer and I will dilute by 1/4 for the winter when growing under lights. I fertilize about once every ten days when I remember ;-). ( summertime full strength )

Same for my adeniums and other houseplants.

Hope you are having a great sunny day out in Cali!!

Cheers!

Laura

• rox146
    10 years ago

Too sunny and hot almost for this time of the year Laura. All are pushing "wet claws" and some inflos. I have never seen Foliage Pro at my favorite nursery. Where do you buy it? Hope it is great weather when you are out here and as soon as you know your dates for Ventura or Simi Calif...let me know. Are you traveling alone or with Husband/Significant other? Mahalo, roxanne

• toomanydogs
    10 years ago

All my plumeria are very confused with this hot during the day, cold at night weather here in Riverside. I am so ready for spring! I use Foliage Pro too and it is readily available at the hydroponics stores. They carry all the top of the line fertilizers, organic pesticides and magic rooting compounds. I get my coir there and they have very inexpensive plastic pots. Check it out, Roxanne!

• rox146
    10 years ago

Thanks Allison.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Ladies!!!

Thanks Allison for the great info!!

I also buy mine from my Hydroponics store it is sold buy the company Dyna Pro. If you can't find it at the Hydroponics stores, you can buy it online Amazon and on EBay. I buy mine in the Gallon size and it last a few seasons.

Allison, I also buy all of my containers from my store as well. Love that store!

Take care everyone!!!

Laura