Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

New Vendors.

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

So this past year we have seen some new plumeria vendors, which means time for me to try these new nurseries out! So yesterday I received my order from Wendy. I got Mini White, Celadine, and an Oratai she picked up for me at Jungle Jacks. She also surprised me with a nice Sally Moragne. All came in excellent condition and all except Oratai came with inflos! Just what I needed to help cheer me up after my surgery!

Several people have said that it was crazy to get these this time of year, but temps have been WARM...40's today 50's and 60's tomorrow! Hope everyone in CA makes it thru this cold spell.

Andrew

Comments (20)

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

Do you have any pics of Oratai? I haven't seen it any where.

Glad your healing well.
    Lonnie

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

awesome! im tempted to order something, anything. Im hesitant because here in OK it can be 60 in the morning and 30 in the afternoon. My luck my plants would be left out on the porch and die. For example todays high is predicted to be 68 and tomorrow 40 with a chance of rain/sleet/snow mix.

i think Ill wait till april. I just hope she has a mini white still available.

Mike

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Do these new vendors have web sites to order from? If so, will you share them on this thread, please?

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Double Peak Plumerias on Facebook.
    Wendy can send you a catalog and accepts payments through Paypal.
    Warning. This forum totally enables us plant addicts. ;)

-Robert

• kathyr89
    11 years ago

Mike,
    I'm here in New Jersey, I ordered Pink Kiss & Kimo from Wendy, and requested she not ship til Feb/March which is when I take mine out of hibernation & put in a southern exposure on heat mats to get a jump on spring. She was kind enough to agree to wait to ship. She has beautiful plumies, great prices & responds quickly to questions. So no reason to wait.
    Wendy will, I'm sure do very well with all us addicts ;D

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi Andrew!!

Glad to see you are getting these so they will be ready for your surgery.. I think you are having it at the end of the month? 24th? Getting the trees now will make you feel better once home from the hospital.

We will all be thinking of you!!!

HI Robert!!! LOL.. This makes me want to buy... ;-)

Hi Mike.. I wanted to tell you that the other day i was looking at an old thread and saw this pic in a thread of yours that looked odd... it was of a lady.. Seemed different. Just wanted to let you know...(maybe it was placed there for a reason, but i still wanted to let you know...)

I want to order too! This time it will be from Wendy!!

Wendy.. WARNING.. YOU will have more orders coming soon!! LOL... I want to order now, but i will wait until spring too!!

K.. If you are not on Facebook. You can get in touch with Wendy at doublepeakplumeria@gmail.com Thought this might help!! ;-)

Take Care,

Think Spring!!!

Laura

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Laura, Hmm I think I know what that may be not sure if I can fix it or not.

I used to host my photos on Tinypic. Well if you have an account you can delete photos. Well the problem is that when you post the HTML on this website the address stays the same here. the problem is that Tinypic will re-assign any new photos with potentially the same address as the one I/you used in the past and have since deleted from your account. So when that HTML address is called up in a thread here or elsewhere it could be something different.

Ill have to go back and see if I can edit it out now that garden web has that option. Any chance you remember the thread?

edit-LOL i found quite a few of those. unfortunally the posts made prior to GW allowing editing are not editable. Hopefully they arent any to offensive and give me a bad name. The ones I found arent, so thats good.

Mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Fri, Jan 11, 13 at 12:31

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

That is really strange about reassigning html addresses, wouldn't you think that would open them up to a lawsuit? Here it is mostly trivial, but you never know in what forum (perhaps academic) a picture get changed and maybe with not such an innocent one?! That would scare me!

Anyway, thank you Andrew for this thread, you are really so kind. You guys just let me know what you need and I will make it work somehow. :o)

Thinking perhaps I should start a website, do you all think that is a good idea? Sure might streamline things for those of you that do not use FB, but I also like getting emails from you all and would miss that. I'd love to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks everyone!
    Wendy
    (Double Peak Plumeria)

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a pic of my friend's Oratai:
    http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr108/sonia117/100_7445.jpg

I think this is a good pic of it. Can you all see why I wanted this one so bad now? Bought from JJ's thru Wendy. Mine is a 2 gal that should(fingers crossed) bloom in spring.

Andrew

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

I also bought from Wendy -- a 3 tip Waimea which I've been dieing to get a hold of. She's currently holding it for me till the weather permits for shipping. I have been wanting this one all summer but always failed to get one from any other vendors. Lets just say I can't wait for spring to come and get this bad boy home! :)

• Minderella
    11 years ago

I ordered from double peak plumerias and Wendy was very responsive to all my inquiries and questions. Very honest seller.

Mindy

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Thank you for all the testimonials, you all are so supportive.

Wendy

11 years ago

Hi Andrew..

Hope you are doing well!!

I can't wait to see pics of your new babies!!

Hi Mike... I can't recall where i found the pic that didn't go with the post, but it was a cute pic.. i will check and look again. I could narrow it down to a few forums and i will go and check out what i was looking for. If i see it again, i will email you and give you the info. It isn't any to worry about, but i wanted to let you know.. ;-) I would hope one of my friends would say something if they saw something that seemed different!!

We all have each others back right? I'll go and look...

Wendy... You deserve this and much more!!! I am so proud of you and i can't wait to see what happens this spring.

To answer your question about the website, i think it would be a great idea to do this for your business. People could go right there and see pics, pricelist, etc.

I know it can be difficult to do this, but i bet it would help you and your customers in the long run!!! Just my opinion!!!

Hope You all are doing alright in Southern Cal... thinking of you guys!!

Take Care,

Laura

11 years ago

Mike..

Found it!!!

I sent you an email..

Take care,

Laura

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Isn't $35 for a cutting, plus postage, expensive?

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Kay.
    It really depends on the size of the cutting and the specific variety.

Andrew

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Wendy,

I'm agreeing with Laura. Your own website would be awesome however I know it would be costly. I'm assuming eBay would be the same? It really depends on how much online business you want. I order plants online all the time and a site that allows me to view the inventory and pay online is always tops on my list.
    You may find that the farmer markets are all you need. :)

I'm still stoked about finding a large rooted Pink Kiss plumie! Well worth the price of admission.

-Robert

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Thank you for your input, Robert. Still looking into this option, and you are right, it is very costly! The world is so tech savvy, hard to pass on the option. I am loving the farmers markets, this is a great niche for me, but I also don't want to miss out on other venues. You all will know when I decide.

Thank you all for your time and input!!!

Wendy

11 years ago

Always, Wendy!!

;-)

Laura

• rox146
    11 years ago

well Wendy, I am hoping you can make it to our annual Luau in the summer, usually August late, and meet other plumie nutballs and vendors and enjoy aloha...roxanne

Sponsored
Town & Country Pools, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Discover the Best Pool Builder in Virginia, Maryland & DC!