Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irun5k_gw

sick pudica

irun5k
11 years ago

Happy New Year everyone! I haven't had much time to get on the forums over the last few months, but hopefully that will change. I still have a couple inflos on my Miami Rose (that thing is an armored tank) but for the most part everything is quiet until around March.

Anyway, something odd happened to my established, in-ground pudica. One of the trunks appears to be rotting near the bottom. The outer layer of bark is "loose" and it doesn't look so good underneath. As a result it appears the upper branches are being starved off.

Should I just go ahead and cut the sick trunk off at the ground? Also, does anyone know what might have happened to it? It hasn't really been cold (maybe one or two nights brushed with the high 40's) or ridiculously wet. The fact that the rest of the plant is still so healthy into January makes me think it is environmentally happy.

Thank goodness this particular trunk is only a slight contributor to the overall form of the plant. I'm quite fond of this plant and the show that it puts on all summer and fall.

Thanks,
Brian

Comments (2)