Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's a little something to brighten your day

Posted by jandey Tx8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 24, 11 at 9:24

It's cold and dreary here in Texas, so I went over my old bloom photos from fall for a little pick-me-up:
NOID white
NOID white inflo 2010
Mrs. Jimmy Spangler hibiscus with bougainvillea
Mrs. Jimmy Spangler 2010
Carolina Breeze hibiscus
Carolina Breeze 2010
double apricot-colored hibiscus
Double apricot hibiscus 2010
Moy Grande hibiscus
That's one big bloom!
Here's what I hope my backyard will look like one day!
View from room overlooking Lake Garda
That's my brother's rather large hand next to Moy Grande.

Hope to have some more actual, you know, plumeria pics next winter to share!

Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's a little something to brighten your day

Thanks Jen. This is a treat, especially when we had temps that were in the negative teens last night. We actually broke record low temps!
Andrew

o

Jen....How beautiful....if I only had a box of "calgon" to take me away!!!

I love the pictures...they are all beautiful blooms...

Thank You!!!

Laura in VB

o

Thanks for the bright and colorful pics! I have to grow hibiscus and plumeria inside during the long northern Utah winters so that I don't go insane! I don't think my Moy Grande hibiscus has that many petals. Do all your Moy Grande flowers have that many petals?

o

Hi arctic,
The Moy Grande was at the botanical garden here in Austin so I can't answer for the normal petal count. All I've heard is that they're supposed to be more cold-tolerant than most hibiscuses. It was so huge and such a spectacular color I had to get that shot.
I leave my hibiscuses out all winter here, let them get frost temps around 30 or so to kill off pests, then cover them with blankets when it gets colder than that. Of course, our winters are much less harsh and shorter than yours. They die back in their pots and come back late spring. They're such happy flowers that I'm sure you agree they're worth your trouble in Utah!
Jen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here