Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

top 3

rox146
9 years ago

Happy New Year and let's hope this is a grand plumie year...I would like to know what are the top 3 on your wish list this year....come on now, just 3......I am still editing my list. Bought too many last year. roxanne

Comments (11)

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Hi Roxanne,

So did you figure out what you want to buy this year? I have way to many also since most of the cuttings that my son and husband found and gave me grew BUT I know that I will still buy some more in March for my birthday. They are my favorite gift but have no idea which ones until I start looking at the web sites that I buy from. Barb

Happy New Year to everyone on this site and may all of your plants grow.

• plumeriai45
    9 years ago

I only have one...and i have been looking hard.

Thornton Lemon Drop - Multiple tip

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Happy New Year!! Yes! I hope for a grand plumie year for all, too! Your question is a tough one! I will have to give this some thought as narrowing down to 3 is going to be difficult for me. For now, I'll say Metallica, and the rest, to be determined! ;-) You all post such beautiful pictures here, that my list at times seem endless!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Wendi... Check FC. It is quite interesting... ;-).

I'll be back later.. Have to really think about this ...

Xo. Wendi.. Go check...

Laura

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, the way I see it is this...I got a lot of Jungle Jacks last year...maybe I need some more Jim Little ones....as in Hawaiian Coral, Thai Red and Tropical Storm. But then there are the Dr. Kukiat T. ones...as in....Orange Punch, Sai Thong, Ruby Gold, FireBlast and Blazing Star. If I did have to get some JJ (LOL)...Orotai,Enchanted,Tesla Girl and about 5 others....so, this year I am going to go by great happy bloomer, pretty flower and fragrance AND Happy in my area...that being the most important... If anyone has anything to say about those not working in my area of Ventura, California, please type on. I bought a lot of JJs that bloom not that color in my area....love his plants, but want to get the color right...mahalos, roxanne

• lbinupland_zone_9
    9 years ago

Yes, I agree. (I think/)

I don't have many Jungle Jacks but they are different, the leaves seem greener and more rounded and the only ones that haven't dropped all their leaves by mid January.

As far as the color of the blooms, just variable from stem to stem and as the season progresses. Same with size of the flower. I don't have many, but this is what I see.

I like them, though. Good quality, as long as we select carefully. LB

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Laura- thanks for the heads up!! Interesting is right!!! I have never ordered from FC before - shopping spree coming on - oh, my!! Did you have to root Metallica? I was wondering if it was a toughie one? So excited!!!

Thanks and xoxos!
    Wendi

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

rox- I'm with you regarding the want for happy bloomers. I have been looking at some Kukiat varieties and wondered how they perform here. My JJ plants never disappoint, so I know I won't be able to resist a few more once the Lowe's/HD frenzy begins and JJ has his Open House! Lol!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Hi Roxanne!

I was just chuckling about you and how we constantly think of our wants !!!

You are so right about JJs quality. It's so hard to think of what would be on the top 3 list for me this year, but I will say that I think that Kukiats would be in that list.

You are so lucky to live close to all of the great nurseries... I am so envious!!! It would be hard to keep from JJs , Upland, etc...

As far as my choices for the new year.. I bought one so far and that was a Sergeant Guillot . I warned to have that tree in honor of Bud as well as the beauty of the bloom!! I took the chance to order a few weeks ago while we had a week of mild temps here on the east coast. I would not advise to order anything if the weather is cold and or the shipping would take it to colder climates in transit. They sent it two day and its doing fine.

This year I will probably buy one from Kukiats collection and that's is.. ( cough, cough). I know... You think I'm kidding myself too? Lol. I really want to focus on what I have and thin some trees down. They are getting large and the parking lot for my VW's can only hold so many. Lol! ( I hear you laughing Bill.. Yes, i am saying it!! They are trees! )

Good luck Roxanne with your purchases. I think your collection is a awesome one by now and I have seen your beauties... Quite lovely, indeed!!!

Hope to maybe see you all again this year, we shall see!!!! ;-)

Wendi.. When I bought my cutting ( I had to root it myself). Talk about stress!! That was more than double the price of the one I mentioned to you. That would be a grafted Metallica to rootstock. So it would basically be a rooted tree, but grafted. I have a few grafted trees from them and I am happy with my purchases. The price is a good one too!! Just wanted to let you know!!

Nicole and Jason.. I wanted to let you all know as well. ;-)

Take good care everyone!!!!

Laura

• blulagoon
    9 years ago

Lei Rainbow
    Inca Gold (I', trying it again; my cutting dried up last year when I tried rooting it)
    Nani (I'm really attracted to the description that it's supposed to smell like bubble gum!)

• rox146
    Original Author
    9 years ago

blulagoon...all good choices, I have read about Nani only yesterday....sounds cool.

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County