Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elucas101

Looking for Golden Pagoda Pleeeeease!

elucas101
11 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm putting out a pre-season APB for a Golden Pagoda cutting for the upcoming plumie season - do any of you have a cutting you'd be willing to sellor know someone who would consider selling a cutting I could buy? (My plants are not old enough to offer a trade. But then again, if you have GP you probably have many plumies, LOL!)

If so, to avoid people bombarding you feel free to just PM me or email me!

Comments (29)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Good Luck Emily!!

I have seen this bloom on the forum and she sure is a beauty!!

Hard to find, but worth it..

We all wish for the "Golden Pagoda.."

Good Luck.. I hope you find one!!! ;-)

Maybe one day.. I will be lucky enough to have one as well...

Take care,

Laura

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much Laura, I'll need that good luck! It is elusive, for sure haha! It's one to dream of at least :)

At least my Goldilocks cutting is still considering rooting - she's hanging in there like a champ! This one will truly break my heart if she doesn't make it.

So I guess I should also say, if anyone has access to a Goldilocks I would buy that from you too!!!

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Jeesh,

One sold for 10 bucks on eBay last November. I suppose there's the odd chance that the seller might have another in the wings or know a source?

-Robert

Here is a link that might be useful: Sold Golden Pagoda on eBay

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Laura

I am shocked that you dont have such a rare specimen. LOL

Mike

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Robert,
    I have both JL Golden Pagoda and Butterfly Gold and
    your link to the Ebay "Golden Pagoda" listing has a pic of Butterfly gold, its not a Golden Pagoda picture and the plant pic looks like a seedling and the seller uses the same seedling pic in all her ads, but they do state that the pic of the plant is not the plant being sold. In all looks fraudulent...REMEMBER YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. With plumies if it sounds too good to be true it usually is, espeically $10.00 for a GP... Also GP flowers only do well if your in an area that has a hot and humid growing season like South Florida, Parts of Texas, Hawaii, even the mid west like Indiana and other areas. Cheers

• Kimo
    11 years ago

PS.
    Oh I checked out a few of the seller Fareyquestcat other past plumeria auctions and noticed that she uses other peoples plumie pics and even tries to remove the watermarks/sellers IDs. I am pretty sure this seller is Bogus. I am posting a link to an old auction and you can see the pic of the plumie she is selling and if you look towards the top center you can see where they tried to alter/get rid of the the watermark, looks like a blurry/smudged line, there are several other pics/auctions where the picture water marks have been altered like this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plumie pic with sellers watermark altered.

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for going through the trouble to post and look on the interwebs for my quest for Golden Pagoda, you all are the best :) Thank you Robert and Freak for taking the time to look up / post that. And that's another reason to ask you all, is that I am really leery about buying from just anyone...

As a side note I get SO irritated looking at all the fake crap on ebay - I have even had my temper get the best of me and sent some harsh emails to some sellers. One even started to argue with me and I was like, "well if it's real then why would you alter the pictures?" No response of course. I have even reported several for fraud, although I know it doesn't do any good.

There's a (US) seller on there right now going by 'bigislandblooms4u' that has some good looking auctions, until I see that they have used copyrighted pictures from Daves Garden website, specifically for their Kimi Moragne, so I automatically don't trust them.

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Well poo...I tried! Laugh.

Good luck with your quest, Emily!
    Apparently it's a lot tougher than I thought. :)

-Robert

11 years ago

Hi Robert.. Thanks for trying.. When i saw your post , i went to the link and i also saw that she was selling a few other "things" and i did notice that the same pic went along with the other listing. I knew right then that this is not the "Golden Pagoda" But, it sure was nice of you to get my "heart" beating.. (im talking rapidly..) LOL...

;-) I needed that!! LMAO!!!

Emily.. I know this is a beauitful variety!!! Best of luck to you. please let us know if you are successful!!!

Mike.. I would be one happy camper to have this beauty!! LOL.. There are quite a few that i don't have and this one named.. is a very "special" variety and is hard to find..

Don't tell my DH..He would swear that i had most everything i need!! ;-)

Hi James!! I remember the beautiful blooms on your Golden Pagoda as well as your Butterfly Gold. I think both are gorgeous!! YOU are one lucky man to have the collection that you have. If i remember correctly, the prices on some of those cuttings a few years ago, would simply "shock" everyone. They were hard to come by and sold for a pretty penny! I hope the cutting (GP) that you gave to our mutual friend is doing well. I haven't asked about that cutting lately. Hope you are doing well!!!

Cheers!!!

Take care Emily.. see what you have done? You have the Plumeria itch starting in me!!! Oh.. KNOW!!!! ;-)

It is all good tho. I hope you have great success!!!

Take care,

Laura

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Good Luck, Emily! I've got a couple feelers out, unfortunately one already came back negative, but I'll keep trying!!

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, I found one, but it is $75...and they have Goldilocks too, also $75. I didn't expect them to be cheap, but still...owie. I'll have to think on this one. Thank you everyone for your help and if you find one cheaper still let me know!

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hi Emily,
    I thought that G.P. was an auctioned plumie. I would almost wear that Jim Little auctioned it off. Hmm...I to would love to know where you found both of these plumeria.

Andrew

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Andrew! Here's the site I found them - it's the new launch of the J.L. Website, which a lady named Kara is running. Let me know what you think!
    http://theplumeriaworld.com/?utm_source=Beta+List&utm_campaign=871a0c0812-Beta_2_2013&utm_medium=email

11 years ago

Oh know..... I did receive your email Emily!

I think that is a fair price for the Golden Pagoda. but, I was one who paid an arm and a leg for my Metallica...lol. I have heard the GP has been sold for a lot more than the price that you paid, so I still think it is a very good price.

Andrew... Your killing me! You need to rest, but I know you are on the computer looking up these trees. LMOA...
    I can see J know walking by the computer and you say... " I'm just looking..." Ummmhmmmm!

I think I will order Butterfly Gold before I think about GP... Even though it is one to have in your collection.. Right Mike? ;-)

I think of you when I see something that I like and I hear you on my shoulder saying... "Don't you have that one in your collection ?"

Take care everyone!!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Nurse Ratchett is making banana bread for her patient.. Maybe I will talk about " GoldenPagoda" after he takes a few bites! Lol.....

Laura

• pcput
    11 years ago

Laura - Wait for the pain meds to kick in. He won't remember the conversation and you can tell him he said "Happy Valentine's Day" and buy it. LOL
    Andrew - blame the same pain meds when you place your order.
    You guys got it made right now. Peg

• DelWH
    11 years ago

It's nice that Jim Little now has a website. Looks pretty nice. Some decent prices on most stuff, but of course the rare stuff is $300!!

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Laura - sounds like you and Nurse Ratchett are making a great team Hahaha! Glad you got my email & hope you are doing well!

Peg! They do have it made, right?! That's I what I would do anyways!

Del, can you believe that Dane and some of those are going for $300?! I do like that we could still have access to some of the J.L.'s, that's really good, but some of them are out of my reach - especially for a cutting - what if by chance it didn't make it? Talk about heartbreak! I see Matt is still selling a few but nothing like before.

I told my sweetie just last night that these are INVESTMENTS, not frivolous purchases. LOL!!! That someday I will grow them big enough to sell cuttings & make my money back. I truly hope that happens, I would enjoy every minute of it!

I bought a Golden Pagoda. (SIGH / SMILE) and a Goldilocks backup although I think my current Goldilocks will make it - (I know you all are sick of hearing about it, I'm sorry, it's just that I really love that one. If I have successfully rooted it over winter I feel extra lucky.)

I contacted Kara before the website launched & she said sometimes they may be able to offer multi-tips at no extra cost - so I have no idea how many I'll get. Chances are, just one. But I will certainly post a pic once I recieve them. Shipping for the 2 was $10, very reasonable.

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, P.S., I removed one from my cart & the shipping said $8.00 - so it looks like that's for one & the $10 is for 2 - my experience anyways!

• DelWH
    11 years ago

Matt and Jim have parted business ways, and Matt is pretty much selling out what he has. He said Jim was going in a different direction, so I guess this website is the new direction.

• pcput
    11 years ago

Great news Emily! It's always nice to see someone feeding the addiction. Makes the rest of us not feel so bad. Good luck with them but I'm sure you'll do just fine. Peg

• Kimo
    11 years ago

JL's site only has limited items. The really high end good stuff is not listed. The prices are actually really good on his site, especially GP and Metallica. At least you can be assured that what your buying from JL is the real deal.

Happy collecting
    Cheers

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Peg! Thank goodness it's a decent time of year to buy them too! I'll take all the extra good luck I can get ;)

Yes, unfortunately it's limited as to what we can get from them and they are the only ones that have the two that I really want right now...so they can charge what people are willing to pay. I'ts great to hear that you all think it's a fair price to pay at least! Thank goodness for Bill Me Later! LOL!

And a big yes to at least I know what I'm getting will be the real deal - that's worth it just knowing that! So true!

11 years ago

can someone provide a link to Jims website. If I find it before someone posts it Ill edit this post.

edit-oops i didnt see it up above. here is the clickable below.

thanks
    Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Plumeria World

This post was edited by mksmth on Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 9:04

• toomanydogs
    11 years ago
  • Kenny
    11 years ago

Emily,

Let us know how your GP cutting arrives. I didn't see one at the Dole Plantation last November. I saw Black Ruby there, Kara told me it's a thinly branched cultivar. That's why I didn't pick one up. I personally favor beefy, thicker cuttings as I have some success rooting them.

I also remembered Kara said she'll be taking over eBay sales as well but in the latest email from Jim. He said he is going to be only selling his cuttings from the site instead of eBay. Here's his latest email. Let me know what you guys think.

Kenny

11 years ago

Hey Kenny good to hear from ya. How have you been? I sent an email to the manager at southwood about their JJ order this year and havent heard back yet. I may have to do an in person request. Ill let you know.

Mike

• Kenny
    11 years ago

hi Mike!

So good hearing from you! I'm ready for spring to be here. I have a couple of plumies that are blooming indoor right now.

Your Puu Kahea is rooted! I hope it'll produce an inflo for you this year. Do you have a wishlist for JJ plants? I know you're hoping to get another Inca Gold. Are there any others? I'm going to CA for work next month, thinking about stopping by JJ hmmmm...Ah the temptation!

Kenny

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'll definitely post a picture when they arrive! I have no idea what GP will look like either - there is so little information available...Freak or anyone else who has one or knows about them, if you see this can you comment about the growth habit or characteristics at all?

Isn't Goldilocks a hybrid JL created from Golden Pagoda and another plant? I'm almost positive that's the case but please correct me if I'm wrong. Goldilocks has a compact growth habit, although that doesn't necessarily mean GP does...

They ship on Mondays and tuesdays so I have no idea if I made it in time for this week's shipments.

11 years ago

Kenny your are a true enabler, LOL. That is awesome about Puu. send me an email sometime about what I owe you and we can work out something. If you or I dont make it down the turnpike I can send you postage also. Thanks for doing that I am so stoked!!

My divine opened a few flowers from last years inflo and the rest are slowly waking up. No signs of new inflo's yet.

As far as new ones. I would be looking at maybe Thai splash Gina, J105, and Purple jack in that order. Of course Inca Gold for the one I lost first. I was excited about Jim little's new website but then i see he only accepts Paypal and I dont use Paypal anymore so that will help me save a little money, LOL

Mike

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer