Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lc4273

jungle jacks

lc4273
9 years ago

hello!
I've been looking at jungle jacks website and have been picking out a lot for a wishlist and am curious to anyones experience with the service and shipping before i actually order. Im considering eventually getting a 2gal plant, has anyone ordered one this size and if so, roughly how big in length (including pot) was it? Also, how big of a box does it usually come in and is the packaging good? THANKS.
my wishlist so far consists of:
volare
j105
cote d'or
electric
laredo princess
purple jack
firestorm
coho
hearts desire
lorien
fuji mist and mystique

Comments (16)

• rox146
    9 years ago

I ordered from him spring of 2013. He packs REALLY well. I got 6 of which 2 were the bigger size and depending on the nature of the plant, some seemed bigger than others. All the ones you mention are good ones and a few of those have shown up at the Lowes frenzy in May...roxanne

• phalanx_viridis
    9 years ago

Lc4273,
    Jungle jacks is one of my favorite plumeria growers! He releases new cultivars annually and has a research nursery in Thailand where most of his trees are sourced from, but jj is a small operation. Very minimal staff, but the owner, John will email you personally. Sometimes it can take a day or so for a response, or he may email same day...if you need to talk to him he is usually picking up the nursery phone line.

I know you are wondering about shipping but I have never used his shipping before because I'll go to the nursery. I have heard it's expensive, but like Rox said, he packs very well and I've heard he ships them in a pot of soil, as opposed to bare root. John has a brief explanation of shipping costs at the link below, but if you live anywhere near so cal, you can go pick your plants at the nursery. He has two types of pots that are sold at the 2gal price, so if you email him and ask the dimensions I'm sure he can get them for you.

Good luck with your new plants!

-Stephen

Here is a link that might be useful: Jungle jacks shipping

• ashef
    9 years ago

I'm in North Carolina and ordered three two-gallon plumies from Jungle Jack's last July (because they were totally sold out of one- gallon plants.) Shipping was about $35 but I can't say enough about how gorgeous the plants are and how well packed they were. .I think the $35 was money well spent. The plants were all about 18', each one had either 3 or 4 branches,and they were shipped in the two-gallon plastic pots they had been growing in in the greenhouse so they had no root disturbance. They looked like robust little plumie shrubs, not like sticks. Not even a single leaf was damaged in shipping, I remember the box they were shipped in was big but it was the perfect size for the three plants and their packing material. Hope this reassures you!

Allie

• plumeriai45
    9 years ago

35.00 sounds good especially for three including dirt and pots. I wondered what that shipping would cost...that was one of the reasons I haven't ordered.

Great less money in the checking account...but I'll have more Plumerias.

• lc4273
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thank you for the info, it was very helpful! i just ordered a 2 gal heart's desire (valentines day sale) still waiting on an invoice # to find out shipping cost but it sounds promising that the cost for 3, 2 gals was only $35 especially considering the size!
    Im excited!
    thanks again!

• plumeriai45
    9 years ago

Can you let us know what the shipping was when you get the invoice?

• lc4273
    Original Author
    9 years ago

yes i will! it should be sometime next week when i find out

• kitnor
    9 years ago

I ordered 1 2 gal and 2 1 gal shipped in one box and I'm in Fl. He shipped on Monday by FedX and it arrived on Friday. Packed well and no damage expect one leaf had turned slightly brown but if I was in a box for a week, I would also turn brown. Ordered again 2 2 gal and both arrived the same. Shipped on Monday and arrived in one Box. No damage by FedX. Also ordered just 1 1 gal and it arrived no damage. Shipped on Monday and arrived on Thursday. Each shipment was about $40 for a box. Can't say enough good things about him and his company. Don't know how he puts up with us.
    Kitty

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

John does a great job !!

I am always pleased with the quality of his trees and how they are packed !!

Good luck with your purchase!! You have some winners ..

Laura

• tdogdad
    9 years ago

one of the best places to get plants. Excellent people, quality plants. I love all mine. Here is his firestorm.

• rox146
    9 years ago

I have 2 firestorms from last years frenzy, hoping atleast 1 blooms this year. They look like they have been growing during our mild Calif. winter.

• lc4273
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow that firestorm is gorgeous, I will have to defiantly get that one !!! I can't wait to get the hearts desire probably in two weeks. I will probably wait until April/May to check out lowes before I make another order, I do think Fuji mist is my next one in line which I'm sure lowes will not have but maybe a purple jack will be there. Thanks everyone for the input and pictures!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Here is a pic of my Fuji Mist!!!

Love this one too!!!

I love my Firestorm .. You can't go wrong with any of your choices!!!

Have fun!!!

Laura

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

Oh boy, I hope my Firestorm blooms this year, too. It was also a lucky discovery during the JJ-HD-Lowes bonanza, so it's only a 1 gal. single-tip.

I think I have to prune down the collection a little before this year's insanity, or else the DH might go crazy. :D

• rox146
    9 years ago

dao...I cannot wait for May...just wish I knew the code....LOL....to buy a big plant with inflos that is marked...--------premium, and then find when it blooms, you have it already....hahahaha....roxanne (they make great hostess gifts)

• lc4273
    Original Author
    9 years ago

both the fuji mist and firestorm are gorgeous! i really hope my lowes here in bradenton, fl gets some soon (fingers crossed) I'm really obsessed with the purple ones in general because i personally have not seen one yet down there that's purple. i did end up ordering a purple jack too just for the purpose but i WILL be getting a fuji mist by the end of the year lol!