Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveterriers

My first flower !!!!!!

loveterriers
12 years ago

Hi everyone

I am new for here officially. I appreciate a lot of information to learn.

I just started plumeria last June and bought many of them, because I saw so many beautiful pictures from you.

Anyway, my Tomlinson Pink finally opened and I wanted share with you. I bought rooted one last August and it produced inflo November.

Once a bud dropped before open and made me so worry. I added a red led light, and it worked.

From today it is going to be warm days, so I hope all buds open before gets cold again.

Thank you everyone.

http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh491/loveterriers/

Comments (21)

• pcput
    12 years ago

"CONGRATS" on your first blooms. Good job !!! It's very pretty. Peg

• kasha77
    12 years ago

Congratulations! It sure is a beauty! Great Job!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hello Loveterriers!!

First of all, welcome to the Plumertia Forum!!!

Love the color of your "First" bloom!! Quite lovely and we all know how special the first bloom is.

Patience is the key to growing Plumeria.

When we finally see the rewards of our time waiting and hoping to see that first little hint of an infloresence, the happiness that follows the opening of the bloom is such a gratifying experience...

We all know that feeling that you have... Congratulations !!!!

May you enjoy your beautiful first of many blooms to come!!!!

Take care,

Laura

• loveterriers
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for your understanding to my first bloom.
    Because no one knows my feel around me. Almost everyday moving around 40 pots from backyard to somewhere sunny area. No one roll eyes yet, but sure giving me weired smile.

Peg, Kasha77
    Thank you for your sweet congrats. I think it is pretty ,too.:)

Laura
    Thank you for your nice congrats.
    When I saw an inflorescence, my heart beat became very fast and I decided giving it special care.
    Thank you for lots of information about care of Plumerias.
    I am thinking to try re-pot with your/Al's gritty mix.
    Now I am using cactus mix with pumice. I am worried that it is too tight for roots. I want to give them more comfortable house. I don't know anything seriously but I just thought.

Temperature is getting high...Hehehe...more blooms are coming!!

• irun5k
    12 years ago

Nice job... and many more to come I bet once spring arrives in full force!

I got a chuckle out of the, "nobody is rolling their eyes but they're sure giving me weird smiles"... this is pretty much the story of my life. in regard to pretty much everything I do! I have decided that they are all just jealous of whatever cool things I might be doing at the time.

Good luck,
    Brian

• loveterriers
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Brian
    Thank you~
    I have good relationship with my neighbors that's why they are giving me their smile anyway. But reality is "Just a weird woman" I think.
    Someone asked me to start selling them. No way! I have never seen their blooming.
    Anyway, I feel a little masochistic pleasure!!!

Thank you for correcting my sentences.:)

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Congrats on the first plumeria bloom! I remember my first plumeria bloom really well. Not sure what it is about these plants, but the blooms are always special to see!
    Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Plumeria fourm!
    -Alex

• loveterriers
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Alex
    Thank you!!! I hope I can post more pictures soon.

• Brights
    12 years ago

Congratulations! How exciting. It looks beautiful.

• loveterriers
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Brights
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!

12 years ago

We should start a thread on our first blooms...

I remember the feeling that i had when i first saw what could be an inflorsence...i watched that mass form everyday. even went outside with a flashlight at night to see if it was growing...lol Heart beating a mile a minute... Out of breath just to witness this beauty...then, when it did show its true form..What a treat!!! : )

SOme of you know exactly what i mean.... HHMMMmmm i know the ones!!! LOL..

So, what do you guys and gals think? Thread on our "first?"

You let me know and i will start one...

"Always remember our first!!!!"

Take care,

Laura

• Kenny
    12 years ago

congrats on your first bloom! I'm expecting my first bloom to appear any day now. I started my plumeria collection last fall.

Laura,

That's a great idea! I'm doing all those things you mentioned..I feel like I'm checking up on my 1st inflo every hour :)

KT

{{gwi:1149892}}

• jandey1
    12 years ago

KT, very healthy-looking! Looks like they'll be nice, round blossoms and that you have at least three new tips coming up underneath. Is that a named variety? Looks like a compact grower, too.

• loveterriers
    Original Author
    12 years ago

KT,
    Thank you and congrats for yours!!!
    I know your feel right now:)

• Kenny
    12 years ago

Hi jandey!

This plant is very healthy indeed! I got it from eBay just right before Thanksgiving last year. It's an Australian cultivar named Quandamooka. I heard it's known for many color changes so I can't wait! I hope it's as you say, 3 new tips would be really nice!

I searched the web and this is the only picture of Quandamooka I can find

• figara
    12 years ago

Lovely color. Congrats !

Pat

• jandey1
    12 years ago

KT, I'm pretty sure I mulled over that ebay listing myself, LOL! Did the inflo appear after you received it?

Quandamooka is supposed to be a lovely flower--congratulations! Please post more pics when your blooms open.

Jen

12 years ago

KT,

Sure is a beauty!!!

Congratulations!!!

Please post pictures as it opens for us!!!

We all love to watch and see the progress of your inflo!!!

What a gorgeous tree you have!!!

Take care,

Laura

• Kenny
    12 years ago

Jen,

Thank you! I received her on 11-21-11 with only a handful of small leaves, then she just took off from there! She grows very fast (almost 3 inches since I got her).

I don't know if it's specific to this cultivar because she seems to want more water than the others even growing indoors. I have to water her twice a week now, otherwise she'll sulk and have wrinkles throughout her stalk. I also have a moisture meter to keep my watering in check. I first spotted an inflo on 12-30-11 :)

Laura,

Thank you!! I will post pics of her flowers when they bloom on the thread you created! Here is today's picture of the inflo.

KT

• steven143
    12 years ago

CONGRATS on your 1st flower Terriers, it's the very precious & rewarding moment isn't it? I could feel how happy you are, because I been though that feeling when my Dragon fruit cutting grew roots. I kept on staring at it & walking all around it to take a pic of my 1st success, without noticing that my neighbor are watching me & giving me a confusing look LOL.

• loveterriers
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Steven (my Husband is also Steven but different spelling):)
    Thank you for your sweet message. If the sun is back to my back patio, I don't get any neighbor's weird look. It's gonna be soon:)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio