Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I replant deeper?

Posted by love4gardening 11 HI (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 15:26

I have a plumeria plant that looks really long and leggy. Can I plant it deeper into the ground so it doesn't look so leggy? I know you can do this with other plants like tomatoes. Anyone have any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I replant deeper?

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 17:12

Im 99% sure that they will not throw roots out from the trunk and burying deeper would probably lead to rot. What you can do is simple cut it and let it regrow new branches and root the cuttings. In Hawaii it should bounce back in no time.
another way is to cut out a portion of the middle and graft the top back onto itself making it shorter.

Mike

o
RE: Can I replant deeper?

Shucks that's what I was thinking. Not sure what I'll do yet. Thanks for your help Mike.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here