Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Checking on Andrew.

moonie_57 (8 NC)
11 years ago

Wasn't he suppose to have his surgery yesterday? I've been MIA for the most part but the 24th stuck in my head.

My apologies if I got the wrong date.

Will check back later! Thanks!

Comments (17)

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

He did have his surgery yesterday, no updates yet. :o( Prayers to him and let's hope we hear something soon!!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

I received a message from Andrew.. He is doing well but is going to have another surgery on Monday.. We were texting and im not sure if he is home or still in the hospital...

I know he will be happy to know everyone is concerned and im sure it will bring a great big smile to his face when he see's this post!!

So thank you Mona for the thread.. I was going to post when i heard something.. As of last night, i still had heard nothing.. So i called and got a reply.

All is well and i will tell him that you/we are all thinking of him!!

Think Plumeria blooms warm sunshine.. Ahhhhh!! ;-)

Get well soon ANdrew!!

Thanks Everyone!!!

Ill update again soon

Tks..

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 16:26

• pcput
    11 years ago

FB update says he'll be in until at least Tues since he has to have the second surgery on Mon. Peg

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Can you guys try and find out why he had to have the second surgery please? I wonder if he was aware he might have to have it.

Sure hope he is feeling ok. It sucks to have to spend any time in the hospital so let's all hope it was a great success and makes all the difference in his life!

All my love, prayers, and good thoughts for Andrew!

• pcput
    11 years ago

He has to have the second one to repair a previous operation he had on his back. I'm sure he will be back posting as soon as he feels up to it. Peg

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Peg!

I'm really sorry he has to have that second surgery. It Will all be worth it in t he end, though!

11 years ago

HI Peg!!

Thanks..

Mona.. Andrew will fill us in on what has happened soon.

The GOOD news is he is feeling good after the surgery and like you said, will be thankful for this in time...

I don't think this was anticipated, but will be neccessary for the surgery to be successfull!

He is doing well and i know he is thankful for your thoughts too!

Take care,

Laura

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

From what someone posted on his page I read the second surgery has to do with repairing broken screws in his back left over from another surgery. I don't know if this is true or accurate, just what has been posted.

11 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

Had a nice chat with Andrew today.. He sounded tired, but was in good spirits. He is still in the hospital and will have the rest of the surgery on Monday. This second surgery was not scheduled, but the first surgery went on longer than was scheduled so the doctor decided that it would be best for Andrew to have it finished at another time. The surgery took five hours and it was beginning to be to long for him while under. The doctor made the decision to do another scheduled OR later on Monday.

Wendy is correct that they left the broken screws in and they will follow up with the removal of those and finish the surgery then.

I asked what he wanted me to post, so all that is said is from Andrew.. he knows what i am sharing and wanted me to tell you all THANK YOU for your concerns .

He will be back soon and he is ready to get back to his normal routine without any pain!!! :-)

Take care,

If anyone wants to email him or send well wishes.. you can email him or i can send them along.. you can always email me too. ( or just post.. he will see this soon!!!)

Thanks again!!

Laura

11 years ago

Hi ANdrew...

Savannah sends her "get well Greetings.."

How would you like that huge nose giving you a hug!!! lol!!

Get well soon!!

xoxo

Laura

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

that worked for me! :oD

• georgecc
    11 years ago

Me, too. Laura, that pic of Savannah has to make anyone feel a little better, it's beautiful.

Andrew, best of luck with the next operation, you have a lot of people wishing you the best and keeping you in their thoughts and prayers.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Poor Andrew, waking up from a long surgery only to find out he has to do it again next week! I sure hope this will be his lasting solution to the back pain, and that he can get outside with his beloved tropicals again soon!

Andrew, we're all thinking of you.

Laura, thanks for the updates.

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Get well soon, Andrew!

Laura,

Savannah will certainly speed up his recovery! :)

-Robert

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Andrew wishing you a speedy recovery! Don't forget God always leaves a window open. This summer you will able to work in your yard without pain. Can't wait to see the pictures. Barbra

• pcput
    11 years ago

UPDATE - according to FB posts, Andrew is home from the hospital today. I'm sure he will be back posting as he feels up to it.
    Andrew - go slow, the plants will still be there. Peg

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the update, Peg. But, geesh, they push you out of the hospital so fast these days.

Laura - there couldn't be anything more therapeutic than a Savannah snuggle! :)