Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovefrangis

Metallica WOW Sean!!!

lovefrangis
15 years ago

I just received 2 Metallica cuttings that I ordered from Sean and all I can say is WOW! Beautiful cuttings and they were wrapped so securely, even wrapped in a blanket to keep them warm! I'm thrilled Sean, not only are they huge cuttings, but I had to smile when I saw the packaging. You made my day and I feel so lucky! You're the best and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. They have a great home :) and will post pics when they bloom :)

Comments (18)

• t0etager
    15 years ago

Your very welcome! I really hope you enjoy them and am happy to hear they arived in good condition. Take care and we all are looking forward to the pictures in the spring!
    Sean

• trojanfan53
    15 years ago

Sean Metallica arrived today, great looking cutting looks like it's ready to do something on the tip. Thanks a million and great packing job by the way. Dave

• Nikki
    15 years ago

Can't wait for the pictures....had to missed out on this one :'( , I will put Metallica on my wish list. Thanks Sean for your quick response. Nikki T

• t0etager
    15 years ago

Dave,
    So glad to hear it arived in good condition. I hope you get some flowers this spring if not next year for sure! The plant was starting to push inflos right when it was going dormant so maybe one will pop up for you while rooting. Good luck and take care!
    Nikki, Ill be growing the base again this year it should pop out several tips I am trying to prun back in order to keep the plant small and bushy so if I keep purning like this I should have some more cuttings next spring. I will keep you all in mind. Take care every one and happy growing!
    Sean

• t0etager
    15 years ago

Hello you guys,
    Just checking in to see if your cuttings have rooted? Hope all went well! The one cutting that i kept looks to be doing ok and the mother plant is starting to push out new tips. Let me know how you two are doing!

• lovefrangis
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Sean! Mine are doing fine. I tried to root them all winter but they didnt take. Maybe cuz they were a little green and SO huge. I had a few other cuttings that didn't root as well, so no worries. They've been in my greenhouse until last week when I put them and some others in a rooting tube. I see some action on tips-of course I keep checking every day! They're outside enjoying the heat. Will let you know and try to take pics when something happens! They are one of my favorites! I have so many inflos this year-Im hoping one of these might bloom for me too!!

• trojanfan53
    15 years ago

Sean good to hear from you, Metallica doing great, looks like pinheads on the tip showing. Had this one in garage on heat mat and lights for 6 weeks, looks rooted now no leaves yet will post photo when she blooms.
    Thanks Dave

• lovefrangis
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sean, I know it sounds stupid that I check every day, but honestly things change every single day with these plants! One of the cuttings is going to have 2 tips!! I'm betting I'll be able to pot them up in a week or so! I put them out in FULL sun today (my tubes). I KNOW one of them is GOING to shoot out an inflo (I dont actually KNOW it, but am hoping and talking to the Plumie Gods lol) I have about 25 (? losing track!) new cuttings, some in the tubes some in pots. They're all in a race now. It's getting out of control. I have over 100 seedlings, and over 100 named plants/cuttings, with a lot of multiple varieties (AG, VCR,MR,KWR etc). Over half my plants have inflos! Someone stop me! Who said Plumeria are addicting lol??

• t0etager
    15 years ago

Hey guys that is really great to hear! So glad they are rooting for you with little or no problems. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you as well maybe the inflos will shoot out! And i know just how you feel my wife would nag me a bit cuz i would be outside checking and careing for my plants but she loves the flowers! You two take care and happy growing!
    Sean

• lovefrangis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My Metallica cuttings have rooted and are potted up. One has popped out 2 tips and the other is one tip with an INFLO!!! Talking to the Plumie Gods worked!! Leaves are coming out and they are very happy little campers and so am I!

• Kimo
    14 years ago

LoveF,
    WOW Metallica is one of my favorite purple plumies.
    You will love her.
    Congrats....

• t0etager
    14 years ago

Very nice gald to hear all is well and you may see some blooms this season! Enjoy! The main stem on mine has shot out 6 tips this time and the one cutting that i saved has two tips and a small inflo doesnt look like it will get out any flowers but it has rooted! Take care and hope you have a great season!
    Sean

• lovefrangis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Freak :)
    Sean, sounds like a fast grower-yah! I think the one will definitely bloom this season. I'm so psyched!

• nativec
    14 years ago

Sean, do you have a bloom pic from last year that you could post. I would love to see.

• t0etager
    14 years ago

These pictures are from when i first got the cutting from JL it had an inflo and bloomed while rooting. The tip's froze that winter and I had to cut it back the the main stem. THe groth from the next year are the ones you guys got. It looked like all of em were about to bloom when winter came around. I cut them back because of the low temps out side and kept the cuttings indoors till i listed them. Just dindt want to lose all those inflos. And of course all my other plumies froze outside and have been cut back to the main stems :( So im really gald I could save some flowers and let someone elts enjoy them as well!
    For color I like the Metallica best, my Vera Curz Rose smells like heaven though. Everyone should have a VCR!

Early Bloom
    {{gwi:1150212}}

Mid Bloom
    {{gwi:1150214}}

Last Bloom
    {{gwi:1150216}}

And here is my daughter Autumn Rose even better than the VCR
    {{gwi:1150218}}

• nativec
    14 years ago

What a beautiful bloom! Glad you posted a pic, I had a much different color pictured. All the pic's I've seen of Metallica looked more like a "rainbow" type. It reminds me of Lilac Cloud, but better. I love it!! Will surely add that one to the wish list. And your Autumn Rose is the most precious!

• lovefrangis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sean, your daughter is beautiful!!
    You mean to tell me that the cuttings I got from you were only a year old? They were huge! I'm assuming it's a fast grower? The pics are great and I appreciate you posting them!

• t0etager
    14 years ago

Thank you both for the comments on my daughter, and yes only a year old! I had a great growing season last year with over 2 feet of groth on all my plants and blooms on all but the metallica. One even bloomed twice and was going for 3 when winter came. Hope I do better this year with keeping them alive through the winter....
    Sean