Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mele Pa Bowman is confused?

Posted by rox146 none (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 18:36

What a nice surprise to find a wonderful smelling MelePa Bowman blooming this morning. Now, last year they all bloomed (I have 3 of the same MelePas) on the inflo blooms stems from before. Now this one is doing the same AND sending leaves up on that same stem. They are all happy in our WAY too hot January here in Calif.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mele Pa Bowman is confused?

Here is a closer look at the forming leaves. I did read that this one is hardier than the white singapores. I did have 2 of those and they dies from cold on the deck one winter before I knew to cover them.

Cannot wait for spring! roxanne

o

Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing those-it's 32F and sleeting here right now and it's lovely to see some fresh blooms! The orange-y center is really nice! How big are the blooms you're getting?

o

Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing those-it's 32F and sleeting here right now and it's lovely to see some fresh blooms! The orange-y center is really nice! How big are the blooms you're getting?

o

elucas...these are smaller than the normal, but enjoyable. The regular size of this one is 21/2 -3 inch for me. this one was barely 2 inches. But to have this scent at this time of year is great. mahalo, roxanne

o

I think it's confused about the color too. ;)

Mima

o

color due to weather.

o

The only thing my plants are producing is dropped leaves and thats almost done. So its nice to see some winter beauty.

The big greenhouse had icicles on its facia and soffit so first thing this AM consisted of checking temps and heaters.

Was a great commute this morning...only had to use 4x4 a few times to make it up some hills when unseasoned Texas drivers stopped on the hill. :)

o

Beautiful picture Rox!!!

Just love any blooms this time of the year ..

Always nice to see such beauty, confused or not! ;-)

Stay warm !!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here