Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dying leaves

Posted by mandy205 7b (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 20:03

My plumerias leaves keep dying before they get very big but, it keeps growing more. It did have spider mites and i think there gone but still not sure. Anyone know what's wrong with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dying leaves

It could very well be the mites - I am battling them right now myself. I have started using Spectracide Immunox spray and it's good, it's just those suckers are so small it's hard to get them all. Indoors they are the most common, deadly pest. If you see any webs or little dots on the leaves - including the undersides, they're still there.

Is your soil well draining? I can't tell from the photo, but make sure your soil is really well draining so the soil can dry out a bit.

o

Thanks, I'm sure it has mites now. Could it also be black tip? If so what fungicides should I use? Any advise welcome.

o

And heres a picture of the soil, thanks!

o

• Posted by k2fl okc 7 (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 13:11

Hi Mandy,

Is this a rooted cutting? How long has it been potted in that mix? What kind of mix is it?

I see you're keeping it indoor over the winter. Make sure you don't water it too often. When you squeeze the trunk, is it soft or mushy?

I'm just speaking from experience but with leaves not growing and tips slowly corroding, it might be rotted from underneath. If I were you, I would check the root ball and make sure the bottom end is not rotting. If it's rotting, you will have to cut the rotting part off and try to root it.

I hope that helps. I'm sure others will chime in and offer their insights.

Kenny

o

Its a miriclegro water control mix/cactus and succulent soil mix and It's been potted in it for four months. the trunk is pretty hard and its roots look fine.Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here