Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seed was labelled Tomlinson when germinated

Posted by silvermeddle 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 20:47

Hi

This is one of the few plumeria's where the label stayed intact with the seedling, This one was labeled Tomlinson and is opening for the 1st time, should be interesting to see how much it matchws its parent or not

jimmy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seed was labelled Tomlinson when germinated

Is is just the angle or does that bloom look like it's going to be really big? I'm anxious to see this one. Lot of seedlings blooming in the dead of winter it seems. I have a Thai seedling that I have had for 3 years that is close to opening, another week or so. It appears not to be white or yellow, at this point, but a little too early to tell. I'm anxious to see this one of yours.

o

Looks like it will be a beautiful flower. Please post pictures when it opens.

o

Almost opened now

j

o

a little more

o

opened up after a rain shower

j

o

Gorgeous!!!!!

Love it!!

Laura

o

Wow, that is a REALLY nice flower, I love it! The markings are very pretty and I really love the shape and overlap of the petals.

o

Do I see some veining? She's gorgeous! What about the fragrance?
Mima

This post was edited by SagoLover on Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 17:29

o

The 1st flower to bloom didnt have too much in the way of yellow, but as you can see some of the later flowers have opened up and the yellow is coming into its own, as for the frangrance it has a really strong crisp peach scent...

The only thing the plant has in common with Tomlinson (parents plants seed) are the shape of the petals

all in all this has to be the best of my seed grown project.......so far :)

jimmy

o

I can't decide which version of this I love better - they are both so fabulous!!

o

another look the plant's flowers seem to keep changing colors

jimmy

o

Wow Congrats Jimmy! You have the beginnings of an awesome new variety! I cannot wait to see how the flower changes until it hits the 3rd bloom cycle. Then you will get to see the final product, and going by this flower, I bet it will truly be gorgeous!

Andrew

o

Very beauty, this is why I enjoy seeds also, you never know what you can get. Great job, Barb

o

WOW! Unbelievably gorgeous! Reminds me of JL Haleakala!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here