Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

First order of 2013.

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

So I couldn't wait till spring to place my first plumeria order this year. i justified it by saying that having a couple new pumeria would help to raise my spirits after going thru major back surgery.

What did I order? I ordered a 2 gal 'Oratai', a large 1 gal 'Celadine', and a 1 gal 'Mini White'. The best part, both Celadine and Mini White have inflos. I wanted to have some more blooming plumeria when I came home from the hospital.

I ordered these 3 from Wendy thru Double Peak Plumeria. I had ordered my California Sunset from her in October and it came in great condition. I highly recommend ordering from Wendy. She is great about communicating with her customers which to me says a lot.

Andrew

Comments (10)

• rox146
    11 years ago

would love to order from her...contact info? rox146

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Now I see why you've ordered more!
    I hope your surgery goes well. I know new plants would definitely lift my spirits.
    Thanks for the heads up about Wendy!

-Robert

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Robert,
    This has been a very stressful time for me, and yes, even though I know I need more plumeria like I need whole in my head, I chose to order more to(as you said) lift my spirits, and ease this 3 month recovery time. Adding to this that 2 of the 3 should be blooming for me when I come home or shortly after coming home from the hospital is a HUGE PLUS! You know I have had some funny looks at home when I say that I honestly belive that having blooming plumeria will help during my recovery, but I truly believe that there is something to it. Watching the new buds grow and develop and open up, I mean what else am I going to do while lying in bed for the first 4 or 5 days? Even after that, I know I will still be in bed way more than I am used to, and lucky for me, I keep about 1/3 of my tropicals growing in my bedroom so I have my little piece of paradise to keep me happy....well unless I find spider mites, or other I spot other potential problems that is!! Thanks again for the well wishes!

As for Wendy, I support her 100% not just because she is a good friend but because she has only sent me nice plumeria. She only will ship out plumeria that she would want to buy her self.

I found this for contact info: DoublePeakPlumeria@gmail.com

Andrew

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I forgot to mention that Wendy also has a Face Book page...just go to Face Book and then enter Double Peak plumeria. That's her Face Book page. If you message her, she also has a catalog.

Andrew

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Andrew, when you open your own nursery. I want to be your first customer. Barbra

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Barbra,
    I would love to open my own little business but if and when that happens it probably wont be for another year. I will keep you posted.

The Bill Moragne you sent me is still looking good. It's peacefully resting under my 600 watt HPS light. I am still amazed at how large this tree is! That was such a great find Barbra. Thanks again! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will bloom for me this spring or summer.

Andrew

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Andrew all the plants I got from Barbara Randolph were like that. I don't know what she does, but they really grow faster than the other plants. If you want I can give you her number in Houston Tx. Barbra

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Barbra. How are you coming along? I know your still recovering from your surgery. Right now I have the 3 rooted plumeria coming from Wendy, and I still have about 4 cuttings that I am still trying to get to root. They all still look good but the Raspberry Sundae is beginning to wrinkle and pucker. This makes me a little nervous. I think I would puke if I lost this one considering it's a 3 tip 19in cutting. I am pretty sure it's ok now as I think what I am seeing now is a nicely formed callous. I'm sure you can appreciate my concern though. Out of the 10 or so cuttings that I was rooting over the fall, I only lost one and it was a no id anyhow. I have to say these trees can be really strange sometimes. Certain varieties that usually root within a few weeks have taken 6 months to root for me! Well I am going to go for now. My back pain has kept me up all night and I am hoping to be able to fall asleep for a few hours.

Andrew

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Andrew if you loose the Raspberry Sundae, don't worry, I should be able to get you a rooted plant in the spring. When I was looking for mine, they had tons of them that sold at the Houston, and Galveston Plumeria Society Sale. I went to the last sale of the year in FT Bend, and there were only 3 plants, that sold before I got thru the door. I could have bought a cutting, but wanted a rooted plant. Jen went to one of the earlier Plumeria Society Sales, and said she had to move the Raspberry Sundae plants so she could see the other plumeria that were on the table. She said they had lots of them for sale. I think its much harder to root anything this time of the year. I will try rooting cuttings that I take from my plants in late March. Barbra

• beachplant
    11 years ago

Andrew you are sooo bad! LOL! I will be at the plumeria sale, already put in my request for the weekend off.
    Crossing fingers for a speedy recovery, the thought of NOT messing with your plumeria will get you up and rehabbing faster than someone with no passion to look forward to.

Barb, meet you at the front of the line.
    Tally Ho!