Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

double peak

rox146
11 years ago

I am so excited...my friend in San Diego picked up my order from Wendy at Double Peak Plumerias today at the Solano Beach Famers Market...I get them when she comes to Ventura on Friday...so much anticipation as she has been so nice to work with and trying to keep this from my husband who thinks 160 are enough....DUH!?!? All I have heard about her product on this forum have been rave reviews so...will keep you posted after I get them on Friday...cannot wait for spring. I will get more at the San Diego cutting sale hopefully the 1st Sat. of April....never enough! roxanne

Comments (7)

• toomanydogs
    11 years ago

The cutting sale in San Diego is April 6-7 this year. Is it similar to the rooted plant sale in September? By that I mean a huge line at least an hour before it opens and a no holds barred feeding frenzy once it does open? Does anyone suggest a strategy for surviving it unscathed?

• rox146
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Do they have a list ahead of time of those cuttings available and from who? Can they direct you to that line/booth? Is the cash check out line faster? roxanne

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Oh please, just stop it! I cant take this too early! LOL

Just kidding, but it seems like winter is really dragging.

I cant wait to place my first order with Wendy. And to get a Rhonda from JJ's! As of y et I have not looked around Wendy's enough to decide what to order first. It won't be long, though!

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Thank you Moonie!

Ok, I hate to say it, but having been a customer of both the plant and cutting sale a few times now.... it is just as ugly. That being said, I think the cutting sale isn't AS bad, and if you go later you will still find many cuttings available, plus the sellers start to discount big time! I got so many cuttings last year and they were HUGE, and I wasn't there at opening. If you want THE GOODS, rare and expensive, you will be there early and wait in line. If you want GREAT stuff but not the on in 100 plumeria, I think the cutting sale can offer you that going later in the day.

Good luck all!
    Wendy
    Double Peak Plumeria

• rox146
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Wendy,

Maybe we won't have to leave so early then for the 3-1/2 hour drive to get there.Never having been, what is parking like I wonder? roxanne

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Eek, more bad news, Roxanne, parking can be a bit of a mess. Wear comfortable shoes as you won't be able to park right next to the venue, you will have to hike a bit. (even if you get lucky and are close) It really depends on the weather too, if it is a gorgeous and sunny day, the park is typically more crowded and parking can be difficult. I would suggest doing a drive through and start the hunt, just don't frustrate yourself circling, street parking is usually no problem.

• toomanydogs
    11 years ago

Parking close to the building was available an hour before the rooted plant sale started and I rather enjoyed the standing in line part of the experience. It was amazing to see all these people united by a love of plumerias! Everyone was looking through the list of vendors and their offerings and planning their strategies, people would offer suggestions on the best varieties, and there was a buzz of anticipation in the air. We plan to get there at least an hour early with a caffeinated beverage in hand. Hurry up April!

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County