Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tdogdad

free psycho competition UPDATE

tdogdad
11 years ago

Sunday January 6, 2013. Cold and rain came and took out many of the open flowers but buds started opening in the new sunshine. Thanks to torqtjk(Matt), krismat (kristopher) Jeff TX, and Delwh but psycho goes on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments (67)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

"Shake, Rattle and Roll..."

Way to go "Psycho!!!"

THANK you Plumeria Gods.. now, lets space it out just a bit... ;-)

Thanks for the update!!!

Make sure you have those batteries close by!!!

Take care,

Laura

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hi Laura,
    YOU CRACK MY ASS UP! You have no idea how badly I needed a dose of your whacky sense of humor!!

Must be you chose a February date then? Best of luck to you(and all the others).

Hey Bill,

How ya feeling? Are you fully recovered from your heart surgery? I sincerely hope so. I also hope that your weather patterns have changed so you don't have to worry about freeze damage or any other ailments that are cold tep related.

Take care,

Andrew

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Saturday report. 24 (more flowers than buds).
    Andrew- thanks for the concern. Still some problems but the worst is I can't surf for 10 more days and the surf has been good. Oh well, I can count buds and flowers.

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Ohhh, isn't it a bit cold to surf right now? Our water is 58 degrees and we see some blue surfers coming to shore! It's been warm so the water should warm up pretty fast now - in 2 weeks the spring breakers will be here - hope the surf's up for them. You will feel much better in a couple of weeks and then 'surf's up'!!!!

• radiantjade
    11 years ago

Only 24 left?!!! Now I'm getting nervous. Come on Psycho, hang in there... for just 2 more weeks.
    I just got to have that Psycho. It's making me Psycho.
    ---JJ

• DelWH
    11 years ago

Surfers often use wet suits here in So Cal.

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Monday, Feb.4 Down to 11 and the flowers are looking rather shabby with some cooler weather coming in Wednesday. Warmer weather coming back on Sunday.

• monet_g
    11 years ago

OMG, I might just have a chance. My date is February 7th! Come on "Psycho" - Mamma needs some new shoes!

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Right now it is looking really good for a tie between (7)monet and (4)funinthesuninci since 5 and 6 were empty, but we are dealing with the psycho so you never can tell.

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Come on tree, get REALLY psycho and make it until March... lol, ya right!

• chuy415
    11 years ago

Darn, just missed it!! Good luck to the rest of you, I think it's gonna be in the next few days! Take good care Bill, hope to see ya soon!

Chuy

• funinthesunincl
    11 years ago

Waiting 'patiently' for an update.....drumroll maybe??? >>>>>>>>>> LOL

Thanks for the 'plummie excitement' Bill !!!!!

~Mary Jane

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wed. Feb.6 down to 9 very meager flowers and buds. I do see one inflo trying to produce new buds which is unusual so time will tell.

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Bill, thanks for the update!!!!

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Bill,
    I also appreciate you updating this post. I am thrilled to know that my Psycho will also be blooming in the near future! I did not see any inflos/flowers on the 2 that I have this past summer, so I was hopeful that this coming season they would both bloom for me. I just never imagined that either of them would start so early in the year!! This plumeria surely lives up to it's nickname 'Psycho'!!!

Andrew

• monet_g
    11 years ago

Ah, so close, but so far away. Thanks for the ride, Bill. I must say, you've gotten my blood moving these last couple of days.;-)
    Gail

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Five remain. Four are meager and look like they could go any moment. The fifth is fairly strong looking so psycho rocks on. Rain tomorrow so pressure on the remaining few.

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

As of 11am there are only two I could see and the strong one fell off. It is rainy and windy so KMS2 today or Barbara tomorrow are looking pretty good. I will be surprised if either of the two remaining flowers survive the heavy rain called for this afternoon. Bill

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

One very meager flower remains as of 6pm.

• surfbreeze
    11 years ago

darn. I was going to choose Feb 15th my birthday, but it was already taken, so I chose March 4th instead. Sounds like it will be just anytime however. Thanks for the update. It has been fun watching this evolve;))

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I found five flowers down on grass......when I thought there were only five left,,,,,
    {{gwi:1151366}}
    But one sad little flowers hangs on against the wind, the rain and even a little hail. One tough flower left...(sorry about the focus)

• funinthesunincl
    11 years ago

This thread/contest has been such a GREAT way to break those 'off season' plumeria blues!!! Thanks so much Bill for doing this!!! May your Psycho live on and on and on!!!! How many more days until spring?????????? I start repotting my potted plumeria in a month from now.......I can't wait!!! LOL :)

~Mary Jane in Clear Lake/Houston, TX

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

It's looking good for either Barbra or Laura. Maybe even Peg if it hangs tough!

• pcput
    11 years ago

At the rate Psycho was dropping blooms I didn't think I had a chance. I hold my breath every time I see there is another post and it's up top. This has been soooooo much fun. Thank you so much Bill for your gracious offer and starting this.

Mary Jane- you are so right! This has been a nice break from the "plumeria blues".

Good luck to all in the next few days and I don't know what we are going to do when this ends. "LOL" Peg

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Bill, are you sure someone didn't glue that bud on your psycho plant. I picked Feb 9th the day that South Texas had its freak freeze and I lost all my tropical plants several years ago. I will never forget it.

Laura I hope it falls off today so you can get the psycho cutting. Barbra

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Barbara, If Laura didn't live thousands of miles away I would suspect her of the glue job. The stem is mostly rotted and black, the petals are brown and curled but the thing just hold on. Nobody picked the 11th so Peg and Laura could split if it goes tomorrow. And nobody took the 13th so Peg is in a very strong position. However, we are dealing with a psycho... Bill

11 years ago

LOL.. Bill, You know i work for the airlines.. Yes?

I took a quick trip and then the red eye back yesterday!! LMAO!! You didn't see me because you were tending to Mona and Chelsea!! HA!!!!

I see that the time has passed for me and i will graciously will bow out now.. I guess that glue was to strong, darn!!! Here is to you PEG!!!

Good Luck!!!

Shouldn't have used waterproof glue!! ;-)

Thanks Barbra.. I was going to donate my cutting anyway, but this was still fun to play..

Thanks Bill!! You made us have so much fun to watch. I guess ill go to sleep now that i just flew home with glue all over my fingers.. are you sure those are Pyscho blooms on that tree?

GO PSYCHO!!!!

Hope you are feeling good.. Thinking of you!!

OHHH WAIT!! Im on Eastern Time!!! I have another 2 1/2 hours left..

Come on Psycho!!! Shake it baby!!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura

• radiantjade
    11 years ago

I don't care if that baby turns black, shrivels up, and hangs on by a thread... I just need it to hang on for 5 More Days!
    :)
    ---JJ

• pcput
    11 years ago

WOW! I thought for sure it would have fallen before this.
    Laura-you still have one more day to share with me. Hope you didn't glue it too good."LOL"

Bill-once you said you'd send cuttings to either side if it fell on day no one picked,I figured out I had a 3 day window. When the cold took so many I didn't figure I had a chance. Yes, it is "psycho". When does a tree hold on to such an old bloom? Then again it may hold it even longer.

radiantjade-Good luck, you may just win it yet. Peg

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Oh so close! Foiled by the ugliest flower ever posted on this website.

Go Peg!

I would like to point out in the original post back in December...I did get the Costa Mesa weather right for February 8th. I should have been a TV weatherman :)

• pcput
    11 years ago

Thanks Kenny. Your better than a weather man as you got it right. I just love that ugly flower. Now if it will just let go. Someone will probably win before too much longer. I don't know what we're going to do for the rest of the winter. Maybe Bill will start a new one. When will psycho's first bloom show up? That should only be a few weeks away. Peg

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

WE HAVE A WINNER- OR BETTER TWO WINNERS. Sometime between 5:00 and 5:40 PST the ugly little bugger fell off. Therefore Laura before and Peg after (since nobody picked today) are joint winners. I have laura's address so Peg if you would check your e-mail for instructions. Bill

Peg- as far as your idea for the rest of the winter, from experience, the east coast gets flowers way before the west. Psycho usually gets started in mid May and by then the east coast is blooming like crazy.

• pcput
    11 years ago

What great news,Bill! I'm so happy to share with Laura. Can't think of a nicer person . Even better than winning it by myself. Glad it fell today. I guess Laura put on the right amount of glue after all. Well if psycho rests until May she deserves it. What a lady! Thanks for this great game. It sure has helped to pass time. I guess by the time she blooms again, even Andrew will have seen blooms. Thanks again. Peg

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Congratulations, Peg and Laura! I am so happy for the both of you!

11 years ago

Hey Guys!!!

I never thought this would ever happen!!!

Loved playing around about the blooms hanging on and the glue!! LOL.. I guess the "gods" decided to bless Peg and I.

Peg, i couldn't be more happy than to share this exciting news with you!!! I am actually speechless..

Bill.. Thank you!!! You know how much i love Psycho..

My new cutting will be donated to a good friend who will be so excited to have one of these babies!!! We all have to "pay it forward.." So , i am thrilled to win this special as well as sentimental cutting from you, Bill... To be able to make someone else's day the way you made mine years ago, means more than you know... Thank you so much for this inspiring game .

Another Psycho will grow and continue to "give" here on the East Coast.. What a gift!!!
    ;-)

We all had a great time watching and waiting to see when "she" would decide to drop all of her blooms. Did a gust of wind finally do it? ;-) I told the "Plumeria Gods " that i wanted just a simple "shake.." lol...

Seriously.. I am thrilled. I have never won anything, so this means so much to me. You know how i feel about cuttings from friends.

Mahalo my friend!!!

I am sooo happy!!!!

Thank you Mona!! You are so sweet!!!

Laura

• pcput
    11 years ago

Thanks Mona. I was sure it would NOT be me. Just like Laura, I'm not lucky winning. That's why I don't play the lottery. Hummmm, maybe I should before my luck wears off. Peg

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Finally the suspense was killing me. LOL

Congrats Laura, Peg!

Thanks for doing that Bill.

mike

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Congrats, I am glad both of you won. Barbra

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Congrats to Laura and Peg! Bill thanks so much,this was a super fun game to play!

• kathyr89
    11 years ago

Congrats to Laura & Peg! Thanks for the fun Bill. You are so lucky to have such a great tree, thanks for sharing it.
    Kathy

• pcput
    11 years ago

Thanks, Mike,Barbra,Emily,and Kathy it so nice to have a plant family here. Peg

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Peg- need you to check your e-mail and respond. Bill

• pcput
    11 years ago

Bill, Just sent you a copy of the email sent through GW. I think their mail is getting worse. Everyone should keep this in mind if they are sending or receiving email through them. Or should I say not receiving emails. I had the same thing happen with Wendy. Thanks again Bill. Peg

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Awesome--couldn't have gone to two NICER people! Congrats, ladies!

Peg, the cutting you so kindly sent me is hanging onto several buds, so my fingers are crossed for some rooting soon. I'll keep you posted!

Bill, thanks again for the excitement during the winter blahs.

• pcput
    11 years ago

Thanks Jen. Glad for the update on the cutting. Hope it does well for you. Peg

11 years ago

Thank you Everyone!!!

Mona, Mike, Barbra,Emily and Kathy.. You all are so sweet!!

I still can't believe we won!!

Jen.. How nice of you to say that.

Mahalo my friend!! I have been thinking of you and we need to catch up!! I think your new post on the tips contest is going to be so much fun!!

Thanks again Bill.. You have made Peg and i very happy!!

Oh... Special thanks to "Psycho" She is quite the tree.

Oh, how i love that Psycho!! She will always keep us guessing!! LOL...

Take care,

Laura

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Really fun, loving the competitions here!!!! Congrats to the two lovely winners, fate knows what she is doing.

Wendy

11 years ago

tks.. Wendy!!

xoxo

Laura

• pcput
    11 years ago

Thanks from me too Wendy. Your so sweet. Peg

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

Ahhh Congrats Peg and Laura!!! I was going to pick feb 12th as 12 is my lucky number and feb is my bday month but someone got to it first... funny how nobody picked the exact date but turns out well because 2 winners are def better then 1 :D congrats congrats!!

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County