Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumeriapusher

Spring has sprung?

Kimo
11 years ago

Today I drove down to my patch to check on my plumies. Well based on what people have been telling me about the past weeks being cold I was shocked to see really early signs of spring. Some of my plumies are already putting up claws and small leaves. Hopefully this is a sign that this will be a really good plumie season.
Pic from today:

Cheers

Comments (9)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi James!!!

We have missed you!! I sent some emails, hopefully they were not lost!! I know you have been out of town.. Hope you had fun at the best party in the world...!!! WHOO HOO!

Your Plumies are looking good.. mine are about the same, but are trying to become more interested.. these are inside containers too! Hopefully, i will bring them outside sometime in April... i can't wait!!

Sure does look good thought!! I bet you were excited!!

Welcome home!!!

Cheers!!

Laura

• Kimo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Laura,
    Thanks for the warm welcome :) I finally checked emails yesterday and have responded to a few but still need to get to the rest.
    Its always exciting to see the plumies start to wake, but usually for me March is when I see claws up so its a month early.
    I have someone that will repot for me this April, I have about 30 percent of my collection that needs larger pots.

Well hope your babies are dong well and that warmer weather comes your way soon.

Cheers

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

I can report much the same starting over here. Although most of mine are still sheltered. The greenhouse temp got up to 98 the other day while I had accidentally left it buttoned up from a brief cold snap two days before.

• elucas101
    11 years ago

I just love to see those new sprouts & signs of life - this is an exciting time of year! I'm anxiously awaiting the time change and getting them all outside. I hope we all have a spectacular plumie season coming, I feel like we do!

• Kimo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am lucky in the fact that i never have to move or shelter my plumies, they basically stay where they are all year. If I had to move the babies or shelter them I do not know that I would keep them, too much work. My orchids that require a certain temp and humidity stay in the green house 24/7 and the outdoor ones stay where they are also so I am lucky I avoid sweat equity in my hobbies.
    Well I hope Feb warms up more for everyone :)

Cheers

• toomanydogs
    11 years ago

Since this is my first year with plumeria I don't know when it is safe to take them back outside here in the Inland Empire of California. We did have frost on the ground once last week. The guest room is jammed full of plumeria and company is coming in April! How soon can they be taken back outside?

• beachplant
    11 years ago

the pecan tree started budding out a few weeks ago, that is the sure sign winter is over here. Most of the plumeria never lost their leaves this winter.
    Happy spring!
    Tally HO!

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

things are waking up here. Some of my bigger plumeria are leafing out and the smaller ones are showing some claws. A lot of trees are starting to bud out which is not good for Oklahoma. It never fails that flowering and fruit trees will bud out too earlier and we will get a cold snap frosting out the fruit. In fact today was beautiful, 60 and sunny and tomorrow we have a chance of several inches of snow.

mike

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

HI Freak! Good to see that you've been around. Just waiting for spring to have sprung for all of us and to see the forum get hopping again.

I am also seeing a little leaf growth. A few of my bigger plants I have in the greenhouse at work and at least 2 inflos forming. If I'm not mistaken, it's beginning to look like inflos on almost every tip. A few more days and I will be certain.