Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

A pleasant surprise!

Andrew Scott
10 years ago

Most of my trees that I did not put in my basment are in a dark bedroom. I have my Dwarf Singapore Pink sitting in front of a window but the window is covered so barely any light gets in. I only keep it covered because I hate the sunlight first thing in the morning. Anyhow, my DSP held onto most of its leaves for months but around December, they were covered with Spider mites. Shorgly after making the discovery, the leaves turned black and dropped.

Around mid January all the leaves had grown back. I was speechless because the tree was in it's dormancy cycle and as I mentioned above, it wasn't getting enough light(or so I thought) to grow leaves! About a week or so ago I had moved it into the bath tub and I gave it a nice shower. I let it sit under the running water for about 15 minutes. I thought it would be good to leech the soil of any built ups salts from ferts, and I also wanted to wash off any Spider mites that were attacking the new leaves.

So after it dried enough for me to move it again, I decided to give it a quick look over. My DSP is really valuable to me. Not because it's a rare or hard to find variety, and it certainly isn't hard to grow, but it is highly valuable to me because it was the first plumeria I bought when I decided to give plumeria growing a second try. I have had this tree now for at least five years and I have to say. I don't see anything dwarf about it! My tree has over 25 tips. On it and is over 3ft wide and almost 3ft tall!

Now what really shocked me was I found 2 newly formed inflos!!! The buds themselves are beginning to develop! So, I will start feeding it an giving it as much light as possible! In another few weeks, I will have yet another plumeria blooming indoors :)

Andrew

Comments (5)