Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jandey1

Free seedling contest!

jandey1
11 years ago

I know it's not as exciting as a good Psycho contest, but as a consolation prize to those who didn't win Bill's competition I'm offering a couple of seedlings for this contest!

The first seedling is two-and-a-half years old and 20" tall, a seedling of Thai Peterson's Gold. These seeds probably came from the famous Kukiat groves, so there's some potential for a cool cross.

The second is a ten-month-old Gladys O'Neal seedling that's considerably smaller, but with great potential.

As some of you remember, last spring I searched far and wide to find a big Thornton's Lemon Drop and finally brought home a 44" tall one from the PSA sale in Seabrook. It was a multi-tip when I got it and after many inflos popped it is a multi-multi-tip now.

Guess how many tips the Big Yellow Beast has this spring and you win your choice of seedling, and the second closest guess gets the other seedling! You have until Sunday at 8pm CST to post your guess.

(pssst--here's a hint:

)

Comments (31)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

cool idea! Im gonna jump right in and say 35

Hopefully one of these days I will be able to give back in such a way.

Thanks
    Mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 15:12

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

I,m going to guess 12, since it was the lucky number for the other contest. Barbra

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

I will say 15 tips..

Andrew

• pcput
    11 years ago

How sweet of you Jen to start another contest. It sure helps to pass the time waiting for spring. Good luck to all. Peg

• cessna_175
    11 years ago

Jen, You and Bill found a great way to break the winter blues. I'll try 30. Thanks, Bill

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

I'll call 25.

• joanr
    11 years ago

Jen,

I am going to say 37. What a fun game :)

Joan

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Oh, this will be fun, too!

My guess is 19.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

I just wanted to say that this is another fun way to pass the time until spring finds her way to help us warm our souls and bring some sweet sunshine to make our trees grow...

Good luck to you all..

Jen.. ;-) I promise ...i will not fly to your place and count the tips!! You are such a fun person!!! Thanks for the great contest for all... I will be anxious to see how many are there..

Good Luck everyone!!!

Laura

• maark23 TX/8a
    11 years ago

I say 17!

• DelWH
    11 years ago

I'll guess 20...

• kayjones
    11 years ago

I'll say 14, since today is Valentine's Day!

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Good luck to you all! Great game Jen!

• mightaswelljoinem
    11 years ago

My guess is 22. Thanks Jen!

• ShellysPlumies
    11 years ago

hey guys im new here on this forum. what a cool game.

ill guess 16

-shelly

• torqtjk
    11 years ago

These games are so fun. I'll go with 18.

Thanks
    Matt

• socalplanter
    11 years ago

Wishing me luck.... I'll try 21

• mandy205
    11 years ago

I'll pick 27, Thanks for the contest!

11 years ago

HI Everyone!!

Just noticed some new names here and i wanted to welcome you all to the forums!!

I can see that Shelly is new.. :-) WELCOME!!!

"mightaswelljoinem" WeLCOME TOO! Yes.. we are enablers!!!

Good Luck You Guys!!

I want to say hi to everyone..

Bill (2) Nice to see you posting.. Good luck!! ;-)

Flurries here in Virginia Beach tonight.. You would think the city is shutting down.. LOL...

Have a good night all...

Laura

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Yeah! I missed the last game and I have been lusting after your E.T Lemon drop ever since so this will be fun!

Hmmm... I like 18... can I pick 18 if Matt already picked that? If so then 24. :)

Thanks!

• BottomStepp
    11 years ago

My guess is 26.
    Thanks for putting this contest on for us!
    -Mike

• jandey1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lots of very close guesses, y'all!

My computer is about to die, so if I'm not here for a few days, that is why. Don't panic! I'll get the seedlings out after I sort my computer.

Glad everybody is enjoying the game!

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

ill say 24 because my other fav numbers are taken (12 and 21)...and the 24th was my grandpas birthday and he sadly passed away a couple of weeks ago ..

Sarah

• jandey1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And we have our two winners!!

TLD had 14 tips when I got her last summer, and after nine inflos now has...

32 TIPS!

If she keeps going like this maybe I'll be able to offer a cutting as a prize one day. The first cutting is already spoken for--looking at you, K ;)

Congrats, Bill/cessna_175 and Mike/mksmth! Bill as you were closest, just email me with your preference and I'll let Mike know which to look for.

• cessna_175
    11 years ago

Thanks Jen, I am exited, but my wife just rolled her eyes. I sent you an email. Congrats Mike.

11 years ago

oh wow. I never once actually expected to be that close. Thank you so much Jen for doing this. As I said earlier I really hope that one day I can contribute the way you and Bill have.

Im going to be in Houston sometime in April and maybe in June also. Hopefully I can find a way to make the Clear Lake PSA sale but it may not happen.

Mike

• pcput
    11 years ago

CONGRATS to Bill/cessna_175 and Mike/mksmth!!! Good job guys. Thanks to Jen for the fun of another contest. Hope your seedlings produce many beautiful blooms. You'll have to keep us posted on how they do. Peg

• jandey1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mike, Bill chose the Peterson's seedling, so I'll be sending you the small Gladys seedling in a small box.

I'm going to wait a few weeks until the danger of a bad freeze is gone, so just email me with an address and I'll get your packages ready and give you a head's up when they are on their way.

Definitely let us know if you can make the PSA sale in Houston in June! I probably can't make it this year but I'm sure lots of others on here will. Maybe you can bring Robert and Kenny along with you :)

11 years ago

Jen

sounds great. No worries here. We have a chance of rain/sleet/snow tomorrow, yippee.

Mike

11 years ago

Congratulations Bill and Mike!!!!

I'm so glad to see this.. What a awesome game, Jen!

Have a great day everyone!

Laura

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Congratulations Bill and Mike.

There is no one named Milly here so hopefully that's corrected. LOL

This post was edited by moonie_57 on Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 19:58

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz