Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free seedling contest!

Posted by jandey Tx8 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 9:05

I know it's not as exciting as a good Psycho contest, but as a consolation prize to those who didn't win Bill's competition I'm offering a couple of seedlings for this contest!

The first seedling is two-and-a-half years old and 20" tall, a seedling of Thai Peterson's Gold. These seeds probably came from the famous Kukiat groves, so there's some potential for a cool cross.

The second is a ten-month-old Gladys O'Neal seedling that's considerably smaller, but with great potential.

As some of you remember, last spring I searched far and wide to find a big Thornton's Lemon Drop and finally brought home a 44" tall one from the PSA sale in Seabrook. It was a multi-tip when I got it and after many inflos popped it is a multi-multi-tip now.

Guess how many tips the Big Yellow Beast has this spring and you win your choice of seedling, and the second closest guess gets the other seedling! You have until Sunday at 8pm CST to post your guess.

(pssst--here's a hint:
Lemon Drop 6-2012
)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free seedling contest!

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 9:33

cool idea! Im gonna jump right in and say 35

Hopefully one of these days I will be able to give back in such a way.

Thanks
Mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 15:12

o

I,m going to guess 12, since it was the lucky number for the other contest. Barbra

o

I will say 15 tips..

Andrew

o

How sweet of you Jen to start another contest. It sure helps to pass the time waiting for spring. Good luck to all. Peg

o

Jen, You and Bill found a great way to break the winter blues. I'll try 30. Thanks, Bill

o

I'll call 25.

o

Jen,

I am going to say 37. What a fun game :)

Joan

o

Oh, this will be fun, too!

My guess is 19.

o

Hello Everyone!!

I just wanted to say that this is another fun way to pass the time until spring finds her way to help us warm our souls and bring some sweet sunshine to make our trees grow...

Good luck to you all..

Jen.. ;-) I promise ...i will not fly to your place and count the tips!! You are such a fun person!!! Thanks for the great contest for all... I will be anxious to see how many are there..

Good Luck everyone!!!

Laura

o

I say 17!

o

I'll guess 20...

o

I'll say 14, since today is Valentine's Day!

o

Good luck to you all! Great game Jen!

o

My guess is 22. Thanks Jen!

o

hey guys im new here on this forum. what a cool game.

ill guess 16

-shelly

o

These games are so fun. I'll go with 18.

Thanks
Matt

o

Wishing me luck.... I'll try 21

o

I'll pick 27, Thanks for the contest!

o

HI Everyone!!

Just noticed some new names here and i wanted to welcome you all to the forums!!

I can see that Shelly is new.. :-) WELCOME!!!

"mightaswelljoinem" WeLCOME TOO! Yes.. we are enablers!!!

Good Luck You Guys!!

I want to say hi to everyone..

Bill (2) Nice to see you posting.. Good luck!! ;-)

Flurries here in Virginia Beach tonight.. You would think the city is shutting down.. LOL...

Have a good night all...

Laura

o

• Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 10:43

Yeah! I missed the last game and I have been lusting after your E.T Lemon drop ever since so this will be fun!

Hmmm... I like 18... can I pick 18 if Matt already picked that? If so then 24. :)

Thanks!

o

My guess is 26.
Thanks for putting this contest on for us!
-Mike

o

Lots of very close guesses, y'all!

My computer is about to die, so if I'm not here for a few days, that is why. Don't panic! I'll get the seedlings out after I sort my computer.

Glad everybody is enjoying the game!

o

• Posted by sbrow156 Cairns QLD Australia (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 21:46

ill say 24 because my other fav numbers are taken (12 and 21)...and the 24th was my grandpas birthday and he sadly passed away a couple of weeks ago ..

Sarah

o

And we have our two winners!!

TLD had 14 tips when I got her last summer, and after nine inflos now has...

32 TIPS!

If she keeps going like this maybe I'll be able to offer a cutting as a prize one day. The first cutting is already spoken for--looking at you, K ;)

Congrats, Bill/cessna_175 and Mike/mksmth! Bill as you were closest, just email me with your preference and I'll let Mike know which to look for.

o

Thanks Jen, I am exited, but my wife just rolled her eyes. I sent you an email. Congrats Mike.

o

Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 14:49

oh wow. I never once actually expected to be that close. Thank you so much Jen for doing this. As I said earlier I really hope that one day I can contribute the way you and Bill have.

Im going to be in Houston sometime in April and maybe in June also. Hopefully I can find a way to make the Clear Lake PSA sale but it may not happen.

Mike

o

CONGRATS to Bill/cessna_175 and Mike/mksmth!!! Good job guys. Thanks to Jen for the fun of another contest. Hope your seedlings produce many beautiful blooms. You'll have to keep us posted on how they do. Peg

o

Mike, Bill chose the Peterson's seedling, so I'll be sending you the small Gladys seedling in a small box.

I'm going to wait a few weeks until the danger of a bad freeze is gone, so just email me with an address and I'll get your packages ready and give you a head's up when they are on their way.

Definitely let us know if you can make the PSA sale in Houston in June! I probably can't make it this year but I'm sure lots of others on here will. Maybe you can bring Robert and Kenny along with you :)

o

Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 14:28

Jen

sounds great. No worries here. We have a chance of rain/sleet/snow tomorrow, yippee.

Mike

o

Congratulations Bill and Mike!!!!

I'm so glad to see this.. What a awesome game, Jen!

Have a great day everyone!

Laura

o

Congratulations Bill and Mike.

There is no one named Milly here so hopefully that's corrected. LOL

This post was edited by moonie_57 on Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 19:58

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here