Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are heating pads?

Posted by jwhite2947 7b (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 9:20

Obviously used during rootimg process. Can someone give me a source for these please?

Thanks.

Joan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are heating pads?

I use these from Amazon. I take plumies out of hibernation in my window with the mats & tons of southern sun, spring comes early for them in NJ. I usually do this late Feb early March.
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon

o

Hi Joan,

The heating mats we are talking about are the seedling mats to sow seeds. The are sold in hydroponic stores and also at the big box stores especially when they are putting in the supplies for spring. Check near the seeds in the stores. Some can find them on amazon or eBay

Here is a link that might help!

Good luck!

Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydrofarms heating mats for seedlings

o

Thanks so much for the links. They are very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Joan

o

I have 3 of these, and they work well. Also have 2 hydofarms.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Sprouting Mats

o

• Posted by kim319 6A-6B, So Indiana (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 0:36

I have the one that DelWH mentioned plus the hydofarm one an I much more prefer the one from ebay as I feel that it heats better and holds the heat more than the hydrofarm one. If I knew this when I was making my first purchase, I would of went with the ebay one instead.

Also I use a cheap $16-17 heat lamp from walmart to keep my seedlings warm and to root my cuttings. It makes the temps go up to 90+ depending on how close you place the lamp to your pots.

This post was edited by kim319 on Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 0:42

o

I use common heatings that are used for sore muscles. Look for them at garage sales for $2 to $4. I use a fan rheostat to lower the temperature if necessary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here