Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eggs for everyone?

Posted by Tavimh 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 10:09

Rooting cuttings with the egg method worked so well that I wonder if a plant would benefit from a egg when potting up, or even just re-potting. My two NOID cuttings have put on a lot of growth even through the winter and they rooted in record time.

My mother and I were thinking of starting some seedlings and giving some an egg when they get up to a 6" pot to see if they do better than the others. If eggs work well for plumeria I may be sharing out eggs for my citrus too. Eggs for everyone! :)
Thoughts? Experiences?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eggs for everyone?

The only experience i have with the egg method is that one time when I sat an egg out to let it cool down before potting it, then I never used it. My husband asked me a week later why there was an egg sitting in a potted plant. :)

I keep meaning to give it a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here