Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

I was just informed through another Plumeria forum that Luc Vannoorbeek passed away after a brief illness . This news was shared from Hetty Ford

He will be sadly missed and I want to send my condolences to Carol and her family as well as all of his friends.

May he rest in Plumeria heaven...

God bless you, Luc

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 13:04

Comments (13)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

This is horrible new, he was a wonderful person. He will be missed by many. Carol , my prayers go out to you and your family. Barbra

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

I just found out myself. What a terrible loss! Luc was a great guy. I am just glad I had the pleasure of meeting him and Carol last summer. The plumeria world will surely miss him!

Andrew

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

This is very sad news! So sorry for Carol. I've only ordered a couple of plumerias from Florida Colors but I know lots of people on this forum have ordered trees from them for years.

-Robert

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Oh, that is terrible news! I'm so sad for Carol--what a wonderful pair in the plumeria world they were!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Florida Colors family.

Laura, thanks for letting us know.

• pcput
    11 years ago

My prayers for Carol and the family. Luc will be greatly missed. The world is a more beautiful place thanks to sharing your knowledge and your blooms. Peg

• joanr
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh. We visited him and Carol last year and he was just a wonderful person. I just can't believe this. He will definitely be sorely missed by the plumeria world.

Thanks for letting us know, Joan

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this! Although I have never met Luc, I have talked to him on the phone and even learned a thing or two! My deepest condolences to Carol and family.

Yes, sad news, indeed.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

I have never ordered from Carol and Luc but I truly hate to hear when things like that happen. From all of you here my understanding is that they are truly wonderful people. Losing loved ones is so sad. I pray that Carol, their family, and all who knew him find comfort and peace in his passing.

Mike

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Oh no!! I never got a chance to order one from Luc yet! I have spoken to Carol twice and both times she was very patient and helpful.

I'm so sorry to hear of this horrible news. Praying for Carol and her family.

• pcput
    11 years ago

Hetty Ford posted this on FB. If anyone needs to get more info let me know and I'll put you in touch with her.

"Hetty Ford
    Services for Luc Vannoorbeeck will be on Saturday February 23rd at Sacred Heart Church in Homestead, Florida. Anyone who wishes to come and pay their respects is welcome; if you have plumeria blooms to share you could send them and we will make a lei of them. Contact me for more information."

• kevphol
    11 years ago

My prayers for Carol an family as well. I visited with them last summer for the second time and they were warm and friendly as could be. Godspeed Luc.

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Even though I didn't know Luc, my sympathy goes to his family!

• powderpuff
    11 years ago

I just saw this. I had no idea. He was such a nice man. :( Prayers for Carol, his family and friends.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths