Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sad news.

Posted by loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 11:10

I was just informed through another Plumeria forum that Luc Vannoorbeek passed away after a brief illness . This news was shared from Hetty Ford

He will be sadly missed and I want to send my condolences to Carol and her family as well as all of his friends.

May he rest in Plumeria heaven...

God bless you, Luc

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 13:04

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sad news.

This is horrible new, he was a wonderful person. He will be missed by many. Carol , my prayers go out to you and your family. Barbra

o

I just found out myself. What a terrible loss! Luc was a great guy. I am just glad I had the pleasure of meeting him and Carol last summer. The plumeria world will surely miss him!

Andrew

o

This is very sad news! So sorry for Carol. I've only ordered a couple of plumerias from Florida Colors but I know lots of people on this forum have ordered trees from them for years.

-Robert

o

Oh, that is terrible news! I'm so sad for Carol--what a wonderful pair in the plumeria world they were!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Florida Colors family.

Laura, thanks for letting us know.

o

My prayers for Carol and the family. Luc will be greatly missed. The world is a more beautiful place thanks to sharing your knowledge and your blooms. Peg

o

Oh my gosh. We visited him and Carol last year and he was just a wonderful person. I just can't believe this. He will definitely be sorely missed by the plumeria world.

Thanks for letting us know, Joan

o

I am so sorry to hear this! Although I have never met Luc, I have talked to him on the phone and even learned a thing or two! My deepest condolences to Carol and family.

Yes, sad news, indeed.

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 17:56

I have never ordered from Carol and Luc but I truly hate to hear when things like that happen. From all of you here my understanding is that they are truly wonderful people. Losing loved ones is so sad. I pray that Carol, their family, and all who knew him find comfort and peace in his passing.

Mike

o

• Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 22:08

Oh no!! I never got a chance to order one from Luc yet! I have spoken to Carol twice and both times she was very patient and helpful.

I'm so sorry to hear of this horrible news. Praying for Carol and her family.

o

Hetty Ford posted this on FB. If anyone needs to get more info let me know and I'll put you in touch with her.

"Hetty Ford
Services for Luc Vannoorbeeck will be on Saturday February 23rd at Sacred Heart Church in Homestead, Florida. Anyone who wishes to come and pay their respects is welcome; if you have plumeria blooms to share you could send them and we will make a lei of them. Contact me for more information."

o

My prayers for Carol an family as well. I visited with them last summer for the second time and they were warm and friendly as could be. Godspeed Luc.

o

Even though I didn't know Luc, my sympathy goes to his family!

o

I just saw this. I had no idea. He was such a nice man. :( Prayers for Carol, his family and friends.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here