Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Landscape soil advice

Posted by palmspringsplumie 9b (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 11:49

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and have really enjoyed reading through the wealth of info here. I live in Palm Springs CA and am putting in a plumeria garden. I'll be bringing in landscape dirt and would like some advice on what kind to use for best drainage and the happiest plumies. Thanks!!! Claire

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Landscape soil advice

Claire- The sandy soil of Palm Springs is excellent for growing plumerias. Fast draining soils are essential. The only concern is for frost/freeze which can happen periodically in Dec/Jan during early morning. Plumerias do not like 32 degree temps for more than a short time and will rot if too long. If you have full size plants in your neighborhood, you probably are in an area that is safe. Bill

o

Thanks Bill! I DO have big plumies in my area. I am in a very protected area where we don't even get much wind. There is hope!!!

o

• Posted by qaguy Sunset 21/LosAngeles (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 14:55

If you're not too worried about having named varieties, I'll
be posting (maybe later today) about a lot of cuttings that
I want to give away.

I'm often in the PS area, maybe we could get together and
I'll give you a bunch of large cuttings. I won't be out
there for a couple of months though.

o

Qaguy, that would be wonderful! Thanks!!

o

Great advice Bill!!

T.. You are so nice.. :-)

Welcome Palmspringsplumie!!

Listen to these wonderful gentleman!!!

Great people here on this forum!!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here