Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jawkneezee

Where can I find Wildfire???

jawkneezee
12 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm currently infatuated with Wildfire Plumeria. Anyone knows of any nurseries or private growers in southern California that sell either established plants or large cuttings of this variety? Hope to get a response! -John

Comments (17)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hi John,

Have you checked with Jungle Jack's in Orange County?

Florida Colors?

I have a Wildfire that a friend of mine picked up for me down in Texas. It hasn't bloomed for me yet, but i am anxious to see this beauty!!

Hope you find one.. Let us know if you have any success...

I might have another place for you to check out if you dont have any success at the two places listed above.

Take care,

Laura

• joanr
    12 years ago

John,

Also believe Matt (1-stop-aloha) on ebay is selling Wildfire. I have bought numerous from him and have always been pleased with what he has sent.

Joan

• jandey1
    12 years ago

I got mine from bloomingplumerias on ebay; they are very good and start their plants for a reasonable price. Nice to deal with, too, though I don't think they've started selling for the season yet.

Nan and the Plumeria Man down in the Houston area have it, too, though they may still be on their winter hiatus.

• jawkneezee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for all of the help!

Laura - Ill check with Jungle Jacks asap! Fortunately I live near the OC so hopefully he'll have some.

My friend also has a wildfire but its way too small to take a cutting from at this point. The blooms on it are magnificent!

• Kimo
    12 years ago

Jawkneezee,
    Try Malee @ Upland Nursery in Tustin, she has Wildfire (rooted plants). You can check the Upland Nursery Website also to see if she has it listed there, but I do know she carries it but it will cost if you get it from her. If you can wait you can also pick up a cutting of WF from the Southern California Plumeria Soicety Cutting sale, or the South Coast Plumie Society sale.. Good Luck!!

• Kimo
    12 years ago

PS...
    Here is a link Upland Nursery WILDFIRE page...this is for a cutting not a rooted plant, but again she does have rooted plants also....

Here is a link that might be useful: Upland Nursery Wildfire

• tdogdad
    12 years ago

jawkneezee- I would go to the South Coast Plumeria Society meeting this sunday at 1:00 at Murdy park center on Goldenwest just north of Warner in Huntington Beach. Ask for Bud Guillot or John Tarvin and inquire if either has one to sell. Bud has a large Wildfire tree in his yard and John has many varieties of cuttings to sell. You might shop the cutting sale to see if any are being sold since this is the first meeting of the year. Good luck. Bill (check www.southcoastplumeriasociety.com/calendar )

• jawkneezee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tdogdad (Bill) - I was out of town for the society gathering (rats!) so unfortunately I missed out. Any chance Bud Guillot has an email address? lol

Freak4Plumeria - I contacted upland nursery and theyre pricing out wildfire at about $50 for a small cutting. I guess i'll just go with this as a last resort. Was hoping to find one already rooted and established but we'll see I guess.

• jandey1
    12 years ago

John, if you email me I'll give you the email of the folks I got a rooted two-tip plant from last year, nice and big, for $45. (I can't find their website for some reason.) Of course, you'll have to add shipping.

Or just keep searching "wildfire plumeria" on ebay and eventually either 1-stop-aloha or bloomingplumerias will have one. They usually sell several throughout the season.

• Kimo
    12 years ago

John
    I thought you wanted a Wildfire that was locally grown, thus the reason I mentioned Upland Nursery... i did mention that they were pricy as I have bought plumies and some rare citrus from Malee. I actually bought my Wildfire from Cheryl Oshiro who lives in LA, I bought my plant in 2005 in a one gallon pot but needed to be put in a 5 gallon for 90.00. You may want to get in contact with Cheryl if you want a Wildfire. Let me know if you need her Email addy. Also Twila White sold wildfire and is reputable/trusted. Let me know?

12 years ago

hey James!!

You are the man!!! Nice to see all of the info that you give!!

Bill,

Killing me about the sale.. Wish i could have been there!!!

Still not sure about the show in April.. I will send you an email about what is going on with the dates. I hope that i can make it!!

Jen,

As i look at the prices... What i/we paid for our Wildfire doesn't seem to bad for a rooted tree. My tree is doing well from that sale as well as the others. I need to send you an update. Thanks for the email. I will be in touch!!

John,

I hope you find you Wildfire. Seems like there are alot of connections for you here from all of the guys and gals!!

Cheers!!! : )

Laura

• jawkneezee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Freak4plumeria - I actually just purchased a cutting of WF from upland nursery last night. That one is going to my mother but I am looking for a rooted one for myself. If you could shoot me Cheryl's email addy as well I'd greatly appreciate it!

I want to thank everyone for their input and help with all of this. I'm relatively new to the plummie world but have a decent collection that I just want to keep adding to :)

-John

• tdogdad
    12 years ago

John= e-mail me at plumeriabill@yahoo.com Also a note- wildfire can be very difficult to root. I know people who have waited two seasons for them to root properly. Grafted or already rooted stock is the best bet.

• Kimo
    12 years ago

John need your Email address to send you info.

• jawkneezee
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey everyone! Just wanted to throw an update out there. Was able to locate a FANTASTIC fully rooted Wildfire plumeria from a wonderful lady in San Diego. The specimen I got from her is almost 3' tall, has 4 tips, and looks as healthy as can be. Thanks to everyone for their assistance/input. Below is a pic of my plant and a pic of a plant of equal size and from the same tree last year. Heavy bloomer!

12 years ago

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

That is why i wanted a Wildfire!!!

Good Luck with your wonderful looking tree J!!!

Im so happy for you!!!

Take care,

Laura

• jandey1
    12 years ago

WOW! WOW! WOW! Thanks for posting those photos! I've never seen shots of the entire Wildfire inflo or plant. Glad you found such a beauty--please post more pics when yours blooms.

I guess I will have to be extra patient with mine. It has not been vigorous since I got it about eighteen months ago, just doesn't seem to like our intense heat and hasn't grown much at all. If I get an inflo half that pretty it will be worth the wait!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?