Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coach32

looking for a kapalua plumeria cutting

coach32
16 years ago

ten years i have been looking for an orange plumeria can somebody help me?

Comments (6)

• merandy19
    16 years ago

Hi Coach,
    Just any orange? Kapalua is not listed thru the Plumeria Society as a registered cultivar. Does it have another name? Or are you just interested in orange plumerias?

Randy in Savannah

• tdogdad
    16 years ago

For oranges you might look for: apricot cream, barbados apricot, bonfire, bundall peach, bunnings apricot, coonan peach, doric alison, evening sunset, georgetown apricot, georgetown orange, giant aussie orange, heirloom, illaingarkal apricot, india, ivy may, Juliette, Kauai ext 1, kauai orange, malia keneke, manson blush, morning after, orange buttercup, orange buttercup, peachy king, sangria, sea shell orange, tangerine dream, tangerine orange, Univ. of Hawaii Orange, Wandjina sunrise, west Oz apricot. Others that have orange with a mix of colors: Allison, antique pink, apricot locks, apricot rose, botgar orange, effa jade, fruit salad, gay peach, iris rock sunset, Janet's ginger, JL red-orange, kimo, kitty, lurline, mango magic, mango rainbow, MKD-A11, MKD-87, orb, polynesian rainbow, pumpkin pie, tangerine, waioli angel. These all have shown up as oranges in photographs but a few I question as poly rainbow does not appear orange to me. Hope this gives you some names to look for. I would say Jim Little and his daughter in law Sandy (sandyhawaii) have a number of orange flowers for sale (gladys brandt, Cindy schmidt, fruit salad, etc.). As for Kapalua, I do not know this one. Bill

• musarojo
    16 years ago

A Google search turned it up at Exotic Plumeria. It's nice, but the price being asked ($90) is a bit much. Bill listed a number of beautiful orange cultivars, most of which can be had for far more reasonable prices.

Philip

• kare4plumies
    16 years ago

Bill is dead on with the Orange suggestions, I'm quite impressed with his list. There are so many gorgeous orange cultivars. IMHO Fruit Salad has a lot of Orange color and is an absolutely stunning flower. Orange Splendor and Univ of Hawaii Orange are both to die for as well. Barry Ng on Ebay has a very pretty Orange cutting for sale right now if that is what you are in the market for. Don't know if you care for cuttings, but here is the link just the same.
    Happy Hunting,
    KR

Here is a link that might be useful: Orange plumeria

• camquat
    12 years ago

I just bought one at Exotic Plumeria . Very disappointed ! a tiny unrooted stick for $99.95 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a super jumbo (unrooted) Tink Tiara (lite pink) for $89.95 !!!!!

Will never do it again . I wont sleep for my mistake

• powderpuff
    12 years ago

I agree with you camquat. My son lives very close to Exotic Plumeria. I had him go over to check out their Plumerias and he sent me pics with his cell phone while he was there. Hands down you get the least for your dollar. Their prices are ridiculous.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH