Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
delightful

Posted by rox146 none (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 18:23

Aloha to all,

I was just wondering if anyone else has Delightful from JJ and if the leaves on yours has never dropped...? I was with mine today and it has been growing all Winter (mild 1 here in Ventura, Ca.) but all the leaves look great, big, happy and the center has been pushing new growth and never stopped. Is it suppose to be an evergreen one? Mahalos, roxanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: delightful

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 12:18

I have it. It is my favorite. Never fails to bloom. It does go dormant here.

Mike

o

thanks Mike...I will post a pix tomorrow of what mine is doing....can't wait to see what JJ's sends to Lowes this June... :-) roxanne

o

Oh, man. I was just thinking about Lowes/JJs earlier today. This year, I'm not letting Desert Sunrise pass me by (I saw it twice last year and didn't get it - and then kicked myself later).

Weirdly enough, some of our home depots out here still have a few scraggly JJ plants from last summer - all generics.

o

Rox, I have a small rooted cutting of Delightful, from Mike's own tree--thanks, Mike!--and it kept leaves all winter, too. They were so plentiful that the spider mites thought they'd make a great new home for them :( I had to cut them all off it was such a bad infestation. But now she's outside enjoying our warm days.

I agree she's a terrific one and everyone should have her!

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 15:05

You are welcome Jen. I'm so glad it is doing well for you. It is a wonderful.70 degrees today but tomorrow a cold front is coming and temps for few days will be chilly. Mine are still hanging out in the barn waiting for spring.

Mike

o

I have it and it bloomed last month and is still blooming, in the garage, not even under grow lights. Mine also kept many of the leaves and didn't go dormant. I had to cut the leaves off this month because like clockwork, the spider mites have arrived. We are in the 80's but it's just too risky to put them all outside yet. I love Delightful!!! It may not be vibrantly colored but it is well... just delightful. I love the full, rounded bloom heads, the beautiful foliage, the growth habit and the fragrance is heavenly!

o

Here is how happy my "Delightful" is....never dropped leaves and you can see it pushing still in the center. We are set up for our first rain in what seems like years for this weekend. I do hope it does not get so cold that it sets all my other inflos out of whack. roxanne

o

The leaves on my Delightful did drop but it was one of the first to begin waking up. Your weather is much warmer than mine.

Even my singapores dropped their leaves.

My earliest wake-ups, with large-sized leaves already are Delightful, Tipsy, Temptation and Kauka Wilder. I have a few at work in the greenhouse that are completely leaved out. Kona Candy, with an inflo, included!

o

sounds like Moonie you are on your way to a great season! roxanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here