Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i have a question

Posted by plumeriahilo (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 17, 10 at 19:08

i got a group of plumeria about 15 they all look normal except one it is really thin about 1 inch around and it is growing much faster than it should i have 3 of the so you know what they are

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i have a question

First- What is the question? Next- what do you have three of? More information is needed like are these plumerias rooted plants or rooting cuttings or seedlings. Are you in the tropics (the big island) or are you growing plants under lights inside as most plants in the temperate zones are not growing right now. Also by growing do you mean getting taller than others or getting more leaves than others? If you have 15 random plumerias of different varieties, one can grow quicker than others as a cultivar. For example Cooktown sunset grows about two feet a year, and India is a tall grower, whereas Divine is a compact grower. If you have three of the same cultivar and one growes quicker, I would suspect it has a better root system or a better position in its environment (I have two plants from the same cuttings planted the same day in a hedge. The shady end plant is 5 foot tall while the sunny end plant is 9 feet tall). Without more info, I am just guessing.

o
RE: i have a question

im a growing them under lights i just got them in a trade, im not sure of the type they are just realy thin and tall

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here