Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Plumeria trees everywhere! (TV)

moonie_57 (8 NC)
11 years ago

I watch HGTV a lot and always see plumeria on Hawaii Life, and many times the women are wearing a flower behind their ear.
Last night on Amazing Race they were in Polynesia. I saw several plumeria trees, and even a small one with red flowers.
I also watch Survivor and from time to time see plumeria on there, too. Seems like this past week I've been seeing them everywhere! For that reason I am predicting that I am going to have a good plumie season! :)

Comments (12)

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Moonie,
    Well watch Hawaii 5-0 tonight on CBS you will see a lot of Plumie trees on the show also....
    Cheers

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Thats funny. I found myself doing the same thing.

Awhile back I dawned on me to go through all my photos from our hawaii trip in 2006. that was before I knew about plumeria. I didnt notice any :(

mike

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dang it! I did not come back in time to see I should be checking out Hawaii 5-0. Oddly enough my DH does not like that show so we have not watched it. Next week I may turn in just because...

Hi Mike. Sometimes we don't know what we're missing until it's too late! :)
    I grew up in Panama and one of the houses we lived in had a huge plumeria tree. I did not know that's what it was until I started growing them and my mom reminded me that was what the tree was outside my bedroom window. She asked if I remember the white blooms and how wonderful they smelled. Yes, I remember how wonderful they smelled but I thought the blooms were pink. LOL Really, all I remember about it was the exotic birds and animals I could see in it from my bedroom window.

• pcput
    11 years ago

Don't feel too bad,Moonie. I watched last night ,for the first time, to see and most of the episode was out on the water. Not a plumeria in sight. You didn't miss a thing. Go figure! Peg

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Maybe next week, Peg. I'm going to tune in just because I want to add to my Plumeria TV Catalog that is going to make good karma come my way. Maybe it will work for the rest of y'all, too. But, ya gotta be a believer! :)

• Minderella
    11 years ago

I have been watching the originall Hawaii 5-O and that is where I see alot of plumeria. Can't see to many on the new one.

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

A couple of weeks ago while at Lowe's I noticed a book with Plumerias on the cover (Tropical Plants: Cool Ways to Add Hot Colors, Bold Foliage, and Striking Textures by Nellie Neal). Of course I had to stop and flip through it. ;)
    So ready to see the real thing in my garden!

-Robert

• DelWH
    11 years ago

I have the first 9 seasons box sets of the original Hawaii 5-0. Quite a few plumerias in a lot of the shots. Some in planters outside government buildings and a massive 30 foot wide one at some house McGarrett went to while investigating a crime.

• irun5k
    11 years ago

Moonie, we enjoy Hawaii Life also and have likewise noted various plumeria cameos. One time they did a show on the neighborhood adjacent to ours when we lived on Kauai.

I think we are going back this summer for a vacation and to visit our friends. Looking forward to enjoying all the flora.

• dpolson37
    11 years ago

Just saw this on the American Airlines website. Always fun spotting plumerias on the web.

• pcput
    11 years ago

Nice one Dave. I agree, it is fun finding them. Peg

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

It even has lava rock in that banner ad.