Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
February rain showers hopefully bring summer flowers.

Posted by dpolson37 7a VA (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 28, 11 at 21:48

In a rare combination of weather events today it got up to the low 70's in Northern Virginia. My plumerias were screaming to go outside and enjoy some sun. They got a little sun and then some welcome rain.

I'm hoping that any mites that were lurking on the leaves got washed away and are long gone.

Did anyone else happen to get their plants outside?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: February rain showers hopefully bring summer flowers.

Personally I leave my plumies out all year long in the same spot. They love the winter rains, plus there seems to be an early spring as they have been waking up since Feb started.

o

Hey Dave!!!

We did have a warm day here as well...it was close to 75* but only for part of the day. I wanted to bring them outside..but i would only bring them back in, so i didn't even start...dont think that i didnt think about it though!!! That huge cold front came through several hours ago and dropped temps by 20* I am going to wait until the nighttime lows are only going down to the mid to upper 40
before i bring them out and leave them in the temporary greenhouse.

All of the "waking" plumies have no signs of any mites or any other critters : )

But the two plants that i have under grow lights...have had spider mites on and off all winter..just when i think that i am winning...they reappear....Ugggg!!!

I have even thought of not trying to keep them under the grow lights next winter...it seem that the spider mites are all over the plumies..but not over other things under the lights...(Im still trying to figure that out!!! LOL...)

Hope all is well..did you already travel to FLA? If so what did you see? Anything exciting? Let us know!!!

Hope all is well with you and your family...

Take care everyone...

Laura in VB

o

Mine in the house will eventually all be moved to the garage until late May, where temps can get nice and toasty on sunny days - up to mid 80s. I'll switch on my HID light out there for maybe 4 hours a day to boost light levels. None are going outside for quite a while! Too cold! Even on warm days, it's cold in mornings and evenings. Maybe if I was home all day, I could move them in and out, but I have too many plants (and they're too heavy) for that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here