Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New record for Psycho

Posted by tdogdad Zone 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 22:17

The latest in well over a decade that Psycho had a bloom (in other words the last bloom fell off) was Feb. 16. Today it still has six inflos with many buds and at least one or two flowers open on each. There are several other inflos with buds. This is uncharted times in California. Not much rain but summer weather in the winter. I wonder how long it will bloom. Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New record for Psycho

WOW Bill! Sounds very interesting and lucky you for having still blooms and inflos. This has been a very WARM winter. roxanne

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 23:01

Bill. I Dont think it will stop this year!! Mine will be waking up in a month and I think psycho will still be going strong.

Mike

o

Bill- not surprised at your psycho :). Did you check out the weather for the following week??? It's not going to stop blooming any time soon. That's great!! Gotta stop by and pay a visit this spring if I may :-)

Chuy

o

Thanks Mike and Rox. Chuy, you are always welcome- always great to see you. Usually spring is not too great with the late starts in So. Cal but who knows what will happen this year.

o

Hi Bill!

This is news that made me smile this morning!! It just doesn't surprise me if Psycho doesnt even blink for winter! This tree has a mind of its own and just wants to grow like there is no tomorrow!!!

You all have had a mild winter while we in the east, have had more snow and frigid temps then ever before. Just last night I was walking like a penguin to keep from falling up north. It's awful... But I know your flip flops are getting plenty of use, while our snow boots are the preferred choice!

I can't wait for warm weather. I'm so cold!!!!!

So I guess we would have lost the contest this year on the last bloom ?
Lol!

Take care !

Laura

o

• Posted by isobea 10, San Diego (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 10:56

Hi Bill, your Psycho is as impressive as always. This warm winter weather has allowed my CA Sunset to keep blooming. It still has most of its leaves, 6 old inflos (two of which are still producing new buds all the time) and 5 new inflos. All the tips are shiny and ready to go.
I figure, if we can't have any rain, we might as well enjoy the sunshine ....
Iso

BTW, this plant is about 3 by 3 feet and has only been in the ground for two years.

o

Feb. 23- 12 flowers blooming` fairly leafed out. One week beyond the previous record and no sign of stopping.

o

Must be related to my neighbor's "Gardena." It didn't go dormant or stop blooming... Here it is this morning...

o

Disney- what a beautiful large bloom. :)

Chuy

o

Looks like mine. Even though I cut it back significantly, it has tripled the number of blooms with new ones every day. I wonder if it will go all year or what. This is an interesting winter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here