Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tdogdad

New record for Psycho

tdogdad
10 years ago

The latest in well over a decade that Psycho had a bloom (in other words the last bloom fell off) was Feb. 16. Today it still has six inflos with many buds and at least one or two flowers open on each. There are several other inflos with buds. This is uncharted times in California. Not much rain but summer weather in the winter. I wonder how long it will bloom. Bill

Comments (10)

• rox146
    10 years ago

WOW Bill! Sounds very interesting and lucky you for having still blooms and inflos. This has been a very WARM winter. roxanne

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Bill. I Dont think it will stop this year!! Mine will be waking up in a month and I think psycho will still be going strong.

Mike

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Bill- not surprised at your psycho :). Did you check out the weather for the following week??? It's not going to stop blooming any time soon. That's great!! Gotta stop by and pay a visit this spring if I may :-)

Chuy

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Mike and Rox. Chuy, you are always welcome- always great to see you. Usually spring is not too great with the late starts in So. Cal but who knows what will happen this year.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Bill!

This is news that made me smile this morning!! It just doesn't surprise me if Psycho doesnt even blink for winter! This tree has a mind of its own and just wants to grow like there is no tomorrow!!!

You all have had a mild winter while we in the east, have had more snow and frigid temps then ever before. Just last night I was walking like a penguin to keep from falling up north. It's awful... But I know your flip flops are getting plenty of use, while our snow boots are the preferred choice!

I can't wait for warm weather. I'm so cold!!!!!

So I guess we would have lost the contest this year on the last bloom ?
    Lol!

Take care !

Laura

• isobea
    10 years ago

Hi Bill, your Psycho is as impressive as always. This warm winter weather has allowed my CA Sunset to keep blooming. It still has most of its leaves, 6 old inflos (two of which are still producing new buds all the time) and 5 new inflos. All the tips are shiny and ready to go.
    I figure, if we can't have any rain, we might as well enjoy the sunshine ....
    Iso

BTW, this plant is about 3 by 3 feet and has only been in the ground for two years.

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Feb. 23- 12 flowers blooming` fairly leafed out. One week beyond the previous record and no sign of stopping.

• disneyhorse
    10 years ago

Must be related to my neighbor's "Gardena." It didn't go dormant or stop blooming... Here it is this morning...

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Disney- what a beautiful large bloom. :)

Chuy

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Looks like mine. Even though I cut it back significantly, it has tripled the number of blooms with new ones every day. I wonder if it will go all year or what. This is an interesting winter.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County